Getting ready for when the CG's opens

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by tenttrailer, Apr 11, 2020.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Lol!! This coincides with another post, I know.... hadn’t tried that crap in years! Between being coerced into having it (Spam) for lunch last fall and the ongoing Spam thread, I figured “what the hell... its not going to go ‘worse’ lol”.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I'm not sure you got the numbers right it more like 3.5% death rate or higher. Or should we say around 3,500 out of 100,000 = 3.5%. It a little difficult to figure out since the people being confirmed with the virus today, 3.5 % will die in a week or so. And many people are just hanging out at home with the virus and not going to be tested. So how many cases are there?

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Mmm Spam & virus....

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Melissa Freeman

Melissa Freeman New Member

We got into our pup last week and I remembered that I had some toilet paper AND spam in there! It was like hitting the mother lode! Both of those are still very hard to find around here.

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

I wish I could at least see my camper. It's still sitting in storage lot and it's closed until the governor lifts the ban. I visited once back in January to drop off a Xmas gift I got for the camper. Just praying it's going to be in one piece and no critters moving in by the time I can get back to it. If 6/30 is still the prediction here I might not want to bother with dewinterizing half the season would be gone. However having family members/ friends who are at risk I’m following guidelines strictly. I’d rather be trapped at home for a year then them be dead. I hate it already that mom has to have monthly doctor appointments. However they are needed for her continued health.

6. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

330,000,000 U.S. citizens and (at this point) 23,709 dead. The percentage of those dead in our country from COVID-19 is .007.

Testing for COVID-19 in the U.S. is sporadic and not consistent across all states. Numbers on those infected with COVID-19 is not reliable data.

Another way to state the current data: 99.3% of U.S. citizens are not dead from COVID-19, a disease that has been spreading in our country for 3 months.

It would be helpful if there was more data on the temporary lung damage. The projection of 60 million U.S. citizens on temporary disability as they recover (2 months to 2 years) from temporary lung damage is concerning.

It is also important to recognize the differences in states' infrastructure. There is a huge difference between Raleigh, NC and NYC, NY. Densely packed subways and streets and shops in NYC, and hospitals filled beyond capacity. Here in NC, our hospitals are half empty.

As more data is made available, I believe it will show densely packed cities as a challenge with the spread of COVID-19.

With most of the country's hospitals half empty. Resources gathered. Supplies in place. CDC still holding projection of 80% of U.S. citizens will have little to no effect from COVID-19 exposure. Current data (with 3 months of COVID-19 spreading) 99.3% survival. It is time to restart U.S. society.

If these numbers still worry you, take a peak at Sweden, Switzerland and even Spain and Italy.

Be well all.

Pommom70 likes this.
  7. Boudin

Boudin New Member

Dave, if your numbers of those infected(330,000) and those who have died(23,709) from the virus are correct, the percentage is 7.18, not .007. Huge difference.

8. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Hey all, I would encourage you to look at CDC numbers and compare to the U.S. population. The U.S. population is around 330,000,000.

I would offer, that it is difficult to analyze data on those infected with COVID-19 in the U.S. because testing is not consistent across all states.

My analysis of the data, including that COVID-19 has been spreading in the U.S. for 3 months, leaves me with the conclusion that we should re-start the U.S. in May.

My concern with that re-start, from CDC projections, is the unknown temporary lung damage to a possible 60 million U.S. citizens. As more data is compiled, hopefully that will bring this concern more into focus.

My final observation of the data: dense populated cities are far more affected by COVID-19 than towns and rural areas. States should be evaluating their populations and monitoring local government data on COVID-19. Different areas of the country should be up and running (re-start) based on local and state data.

The resources and supplies are in place. To put that into perspective, no other nation state in the world is better supplied than the U.S. In fact, we are far more supplied than most in the world. Given the data and the supplies, I conclude we should be up and running no later than May.

Be well all :)

9. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

Being here in Northern NJ and within commuting distance to NYC it is a bit scary! Our town of 17,000 has at least 80 COVID-19 people that tested positive. I am sure there are a bit more! Our son is a volunteer firefighter/EMT and they are bringing someone to the hospital just about everyday that has the symptoms, but has not been tested. You folks down south and west of here are lucky so far! EMTs have a new protocol here in town that they have to wear tyvec suits/masks/gloves and a face shield to go into a house if the person complains of COBVID-19 symptoms. Then after they get back to the fire house they have to go home and shower and wash their clothes immediately!

The sucky thing is that we cannot really plan anything yet because we really have no idea when things will realistically open!

10. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I'm so tired of hanging out at the house. Planning for life when the CG's open. I just made some more reservations. I have mid May, mid Jun, 2 in mid July, 2 in Sept one early and one late. I need to figure out Aug, Oct, Nov and Dec. We will use caution, reservation only paying online, limit our time in the park office, take the MH and use self contained bathroom and shower, wear gloves to hook up connections, maintain space when talking with people.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    neighbormike likes this.