Getting ready

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by lovejoy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. lovejoy

lovejoy New Member

Hi all.

We bought a Coleman Arcadia, 95, right smack dab in the middle of last winter. Brought it home and parked it in the snow and tomorrow going to set it up and have a look see for the first time. It looked super nice when we bought it, but it was about 30 degrees out at the time and we didn't spend a lot of time looking. We do know the door is missing, but hey, we only gave 700. for it. If push comes to shove, I know without a doubt husband can build one.
    We also bought a hi lo last fall and spent about 3 months this spring getting it fixed (we had to gut it) so that we could live in it for a month in Missouri while we sold fireworks. Which is why we are just now getting the pop up to have a look.
    We just hope AC works.
    We plan on leaving here (Kansas) about the first of Sept and heading to Washington state via northern route and coming back southern route and going thru Ca and stopping for a visit.
    I have done a lot of looking for a door, but the only one I have found was 400. and thats darn near what we paid for it.
    Hoping for smooth travels.

2. capy235co

capy235co Member

Some Alum C channel, alum sheet out, center of foam and eighth ply inside should make a great door.