Gettysburg Farm Campground, Dover PA

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by djturnz, Jul 21, 2015.

1. djturnz

djturnz Member

My family and I just stayed at this campground this past weekend. We stayed Saturday morning through Monday. When we arrived Saturday, at about 9:30am, it was raining. The sites are first come, first serve, so we drove to the area that we had circled on the map the previous time we drove through, looking to see if there were particular sites we liked (benefits of living locally).

One of the sites was open, and so were the two on each side. It looked a little muddy, but I checked and the ground was rock hard where the gravel was (not much gravel left, but you could see where it was). So we dropped the camper, and headed for the Office/ Rec center. The kids played some video games in the arcade, my wife read a book, and I read a Camping World catalog and played with my phone. I also took the opportunity to sign up for the $3.99 all you can eat pancake breakfast the next morning. Rain broke about 11 and we were set up around noon.

Everyday at 4pm is the petting zoo. They have sheep, alpacas, donkeys, a cow, and goats. The little goats pretty much have the run of the place all the time.

There is a large L-shaped pool ranging 3-5ft deep, two small playgrounds, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard pads.

We were set up roughly where the blue dot is in this screen shot, but across the road from the creek. People were tubing and kayaking the creek, and my son caught a 10-12" cat fish.

[​IMG]

Saturday there was a pig roast and car show. Due to the rain in the morning, they only had 8 cars/ trucks for the show.

It's an Outdoor World/ Thousand Trails site, but I don't know anything about that.

We really enjoyed it, and will certainly go back.