Gizmo Solar Cooler Cover - Works Great

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Larry NC, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Larry NC

Larry NC Life is Camping, the rest is waiting

Greetings
    I got one of these a few weeks ago, used it for the first time last weekend.
    The DW usually dimisses my gadgets, but said "That worked excellent".

It was in the 80's all weekend and the cover made the ice last over twice as long as we experienced in the past. It won't take long to pay for itself.....

http://www.popupgizmos.com

2. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Good deal, Larry!

3. PacNW

PacNW New Member

I got my Gizmos last year and used them throughout the summer. Definitely an improvement in keeping the temps down, but I also liked that it kept the PUP a little darker in the morning!

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We've had the cooler cover 2 or 3 years and it does help a lot. Our cooler is stainless steel, and can literally be too hot to touch if the sun beats in on it. For even more insulation, we have a blue foam camping pad which was cut into 3 sections stacked on top of the cooler. The Gizmos' cover helps the pads stay in place (they are also useful for sit-upon pads at the picnic table when it is cold or wet.

5. popupgizmo

popupgizmo Member

Howdy...Glad you like the PUG Cooler Cover...we like 'em too! And I liked your post so much I've linked it from our website...so many thanks!!!

Bob Pitney
    PopupGizmos

"Not wind nor rain nor sagging roofs will keep us from camping"
    "Have Shiner, Will travel"

6. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

Popupgizmo,

What are the dimensions of your cooler cover? Will it fit my 31" x 16" x 18" Coleman Ultimate Extreme cooler? I posted this question, as I'm sure others would like to know the dimensions too.

Thanks,

Chip

7. singledad

singledad New Member

I wish I had gotten this for Memorial weekend, between 4 coolers we went through about 9 bags of ice for the weekend, and had to make an hour drive each day to get between 2 and 3 bags. We started Fridays with 5, then on Saturday picked up 3 , then on Sunday 2 more.

8. CABINJEANNE

CABINJEANNE New Member

[CP] i lokked at these over and over for about a year....and broke down and bought "2" of them...............love them !....we just got back from a trip in Kentucky...the coolers we outside ...in shade , but it was 105 degrees ! not kidding ! My sister was on the next site over ...and had packed her cooler at 5 "pm" in the evening....by next morning , it was water.....we had left that "morning".... packed out cooler at 10 am...........and by the following morning ...we still had about 1/3 ice left...in 24 hours ...in that HEAT !............very , very pleased to say the least !

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I made a cooler cover out of left over Reflectix. It works great, extending ice life by at least twice as long.