Glass/plexiglass shower doors for corner showers?

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Loraura, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Loraura

Loraura New Member

I have a corner style shower in my hybrid. It has a regular shower curtain on a rail attached to the roof. It's works fine, BUT, I sure would like to have glass or plexiglass instead of a shower curtain.

I've seen rv glass or pleated shower doors you can order for tub style showers, but not for the corner ones.

Does anyone know where I can order plexiglass or any other solid material shower doors that would replace the shower curtain (not the side against the wall, the side you enter the shower on)

Has anyone built one themselves and could share materials and how they did it? The entrance door could open outward or slide against either of the other two sides (sink side or toilet side). I think sliding would be my favorite.

2. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

We were looking to add these to our new TT as we have seen them in other TT's when we were looking and did a search for them. They are called Neo-Angle RV shower doors. And can run a couple hundred dollars. Depending on the size.

I have not seen anyone make any yet. So I will keep eye on this post to see what others come up with.

Sharon

3. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

I've thought about this as well. We don't use the shower very often, but it sure would be nice to have when we do use it. I hate the shower curtain.

I'll be watching this thread in hopes of someone coming up with a good solution.

4. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

from what i've read, you'd have to pull out the entire OEM shower enclosure and install one with the doors.
    and there are no doors made to just add on to the basic corner showers.

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

On the standard corner showers your not going to have much room to shower, possibly to the point of making it impossible to shower, if you could find an enclosure for it. Its hard enough to shower with the curtain.

6. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

John, that is pretty much what I was thinking. I have a few extra pounds but am by no means drastically overweight but with a curtain there is almost not enough room to shower. I cant imagine being able to move in there at all with hard walls

7. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

The bathroom in our TT is pretty snug. So I'm sure, any kind of doors would not work at all. For the shower or for using the toilet! So we are stuck with using the shower curtain. Maybe adding a rounded shower rod would help.

But I do have concerns with the sink cabinet getting wet. So will be looking for ideas to fix that. Im thinking either a piece of plexiglass and some caulk or maybe velcro the shower curtain to the wall. I haven't been in there long enough to use it yet. So will have to see what the situation brings when we do use it.

Sharon

8. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Sharon, I actually use mine quite a bit and I have found that if I make sure the curtain is sealed up against the wall with the lip facing inward that it does a very good job of keeping water in. My cabinet doesn't get wet at all.

9. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Lolaura:

Did you have any luck on this? Keystone makes a part that can be ordered for my camper, but my local Keystone dealer is a flake, and it would likely be shipped via freight..

10. Loraura

Loraura New Member

No, I gave up on the idea. What I did do was hang a bungee cord from the curtain loops to prevent the curtain from sucking inward. Works great. 50cent fix!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk