Glen Lake Campground near Glenwood City

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
Glen Lake park and campground is a Wisconsin county park located about 1 1/2 hours east of the Twin Cities, just north of 94 near Glenwood City. We camped there with my folks just before the 4th of July. They do take reservations and had the week before the 4th open but were full on the weekend of the 4th.

The campground is secluded and the sites are far enough apart so that there is little bleed-through of light or sound. There are toilets and water on the camping side, as well as water throughout the loops and a couple of nice playgrounds.

On the park side, there is lake access, a boat launch and a larger play area and some of the best (free) showers / toilets that I have been in at a campground.

The lake is a dammed up river and allows only boats with electric motors. It is well suited for canoes and kayaks as it is long and narrow and protected. Fishing was not good when we were there, but it is deep near the dam (50’).

It is definitely one I would return to in the future.

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
Sorry - it does have a beach along part of the lake away from the boat launch. The boat launch is about 3/4 mile from the campground on the other side of the lake.

Latest posts