glue for popup gizmo

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Sal C, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Sal C

Sal C Member

I have 2 gizmos for the top bunk ends. I think that's what they are called. They help reflect the sun. Anyways, does anyone know of any good glue to keep them glued to the underside of the top? I've got good heavy duty velcro, but the adhesive for the velcro won't hold to the underside of the top! Ned some good glue that will hold.
    Thanks

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Pop up steve may chime in. I dont know what the gizmos are made of. And glueing may present its own problems. Maybe try some rubber cement?

3. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

I used "industrial" self stick velcro with screws & washers every foot of so. Still good after two years in the current pup, and for the two years on the previous pup.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

GLUE! No, just NO!

5. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

Are you glueing the actual gizmos or just one side of the Velcro to the inside roof of the pup?

6. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Self-sticking velcro plus staples every few inches

gruss and Raycfe like this.
  7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We ended up stapling the hook side of Velcro (long length) to the underside of the roof. Adhesive - even Velcro industrial level - just doesn't seem to last in our climate. On top of the huge temperature extremes the camper has (below zero to 100+), the texture of the wood on the underside of our roof was an issue.
    We sewed the hook side onto the PUG itself for the first set, had it sewn on the second set when we bought it.
    [Adhesives have continues to be a problem to be solved in our current TT, we have used a lot of Command hooks, shelves, and organizers. We have found that we get the best results using outdoor/bathroom strips, everything else lets go in a relatively short time.]

8. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Staple it. Been there, done that with quite a few different glues and none lasted. The first glue to give up was the glue on the Velcro itself. We have an ABS roof and were still able to staple it up.

Sjm9911 likes this.