Go-anywhere charcoal grill on lifetime table?

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by jackie999, Sep 4, 2019.

1. jackie999

jackie999 New Member

After reading here I realized how handy those little folding tables would be for camping since there is no picnic table or firepit where we're going. I want to use this table for our Weber Go-anywhere charcoal grill. I assume I'll need to put something under the grill? Suggestions?

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I have one of those folding tables and a small gas grill but would not want to ever use the grill on the table. I almost always place my grill on the ground.

I have used my grill on wooden picnic tables , but it gets the table pretty hot (bubbled the paint from the heat). At the LEAST, I would maybe put a one inch thick wooden board under the grill if you really wanted to grill on the table. But watch out for ash unless you put some foil down on top of the board.

jackie999 likes this.
  3. jdkmrc

jdkmrc New Member

A 1/2" thick piece of drywall or cement board a couple inches wider and longer than the grill will protect it, too. Though they're not the most durable. Also you'd have to be more aware of weather/moisture. Drywall you wouldn't want to leave out in the rain.

jackie999 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I'm getting something like this. I'm tired of squatting or getting on my knees to cook on the fire ring/grill. I don't know what happened to the grills on poles at camp grounds.