Going for our demo.....

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Limmer, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Limmer

Limmer Member

in a few weeks at the dealer. This is our first Pup. Anything out of the ordinary that we should ask them to show us? Take notes? Video?
    Any advice appreciated!

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Have them show you EVERYTHING from hooking to tow vehicle to complete set up & take down. I would take notes & video if possible. Just remember, sometimes the salesman only knows the basics so, ask questions until someone can give you an answer.

Limmer, friartuck and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

What he said, and make sure you can jack it up if you get a flat!

Limmer likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Take your time and MAKE them take their time and explain everything about the unit. They are getting paid to satisfy all of your questions with correct answers. make sure that everything is hooked up and running ,(IE: reefer, AC etc.) When you get it home, just buy the necessities until you have camped a few times, it is easy to overload the unit and also go broke buying items you will either use seldom on never. Then driveway camp if possible to get a good feel for everything.
    Also practice set up and take down, I made and still use check lists after all my years of camping as skipping a part can sometimes be costly.
    Good Luck with the new unit and Happy camping.

Limmer and friartuck like this.
  5. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Agree on all the above. And DO NOT let the salesperson or mechanic 'muddy mudskipper' their way out of answers! Make them find out the answers to all your questions. If you have a friend with a pup bring them along. (when we bought our Bayside our salesperson didn't know anything about popups. He wan't even sure how to raise the roof. Fortunately both the DW and I had pups in our former lives and were able to give the salesperson a lesson in setup and tear down. Kind of amusing actually)

Limmer likes this.