Going to Anastasia SP - Florida

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by chiefjefe, Mar 7, 2013.

1. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

Heading to Anastasia sp in June for the first time any feedback from those that have been there is welcome. Thank you.

2. apopkabob

apopkabob New Member

We went there last July beautiful park very private camp sites the beach is pristine. However the Banana Spiders look like they could carry off your children lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

3. Bmoore257

Bmoore257 New Member

We were thinking of going there in June as well. I'm anxious to hear some reviews. The only negative I've ever heard was that it can get pretty sloppy in rainy weather. Oh and how about no-see-ums?

4. apopkabob

apopkabob New Member

We purchased a couple of therma cells worked very well with all the flying bugs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

5. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

How far is it to the beach from one of the loops father away?

6. apopkabob

apopkabob New Member

3/4 of a mile or so we took the car over to the beach parking lot way too much to carry to try and walk it (DW never travels light) [8D]

7. jdplus3

jdplus3 Member

We were there a few years ago, we were in the last loop. The site was nice and the restrooms very clean. We spent a lot of time at the beach but we always drove there, too far to walk and carry everything. We also went to the lighthouse and the fort. There is also an area not to far from the fort that has lots of shops and resturants that you can walk. One night we watched a really cool lightning show off in the distance from the boardwalk at the beach, hope you have a nice time

8. flakeyspam

flakeyspam New Member

We were there last July and loved it thermocells for flying bugs for us as well the only issue i had was kids using the path to the restrooms as a racetrack and as I use a Walker one of the kids knocked me down the rangers did not seem concerned. We will be there there there last i think it is the last week of June this year

9. Dring

Dring New Member

Great park, very beautiful. Definitely go prepared for No-see-ums, even while down on the beach. Also watch for jellyfish that time of year.

10. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

Thank you for the replies...getting closer! Anyone else have some tips for our first trip to Anastasia SP?

11. kmeece

kmeece New Member

Post some pictures please! We are always looking for great SP's close to the beach. Will check it out!

12. rexlxg

rexlxg Member

anastasia is one of our favorite campgrounds, mater of fact I just tried yesterday to get a site for 7 nights in march (2014) and already full on the dates I wanted. We have always camped there in november, so I cant tell you much about how bad the bugs will be in june, but noseeums can always be counted on to show up. as for the beach, drive or ride a bicycle, as its a bit too far to walk. outside the park there is plenty to do and as a earlier post said the lighthouse and the fort are good bets. Walking thru the "old city" part of town can be fun, but for the most part its a tourist trap, overpriced souvenirs and food, but as I said before it can be fun. have fun and let us all know how it went.