Good by to Orville and those here

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by HiFiDave, Feb 25, 2017.

1. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

It is with very heavy hearts we have parted ways with our Coleman E1 a.k.a. Orville. Five years of amazing camping fun from many mountain ranges, to beaches to canyons...whew. Did a lot of neat mods to him, gave him the right paint job and so on. It was hard letting go but...it was simply time. The buyers? He and we got so lucky. A very nice young family from California that I sure hope join this forum to enjoy what we have while here. The new owners are sure to take darn good care of the camper and will have their young children grow up with wonderful camping memories.

It was tough to let him go but...it was just time for a number of reasons. I won't be in this forum anymore not that I will be missed LOL It was a lot of fun and I wish all the best to everyone, God Bless....

[​IMG]

2. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

So sorry to see you go Dave. I enjoyed reading your posts over the years. Good luck to you and all your future endeavors.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Actually, you will be missed.

Glad you found a great family to sell to. Whatever your future plans, I wish you all the best. [SUN]

4. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Dave... I too enjoyed your very up beat posts and you will be missed. Come back soon and often.

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Yeah Dave, you WILL be missed. I enjoyed talking over mods with you, and talking of hooking up raspberry pi and such. Sad to see you go. You can still hang around and chime in every now and then.

6. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Awe thanks folks! Kind souls you surely are. Over many years on the internet, I have gone through forums with hobbies such as my audiophile craze, then the digital SLR camera for a while, target shooting/reloading and then the wonderful and clearly the best, our pop up camper years. Going out on the back property, seeing Orville missing from the scene now, ouch. Gonna take a while to get over...thanks again to you all and may your travels and your camping always be the best ever!! [;)]

7. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about "going through" forums. I have a number of hobbies that I tend to come and go from. I have a woodworking forum that I joined in 2004 and left for at least 5 years, and now I'm active in it almost daily again for the past year or two.

So... don't be a stranger... no need to leave here because you sold the camper. I understand the need to post and read might be diminished, but stop back occasionally...

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I'll miss you, if you disappear completely. Have fun in whatever your new adventures bring to you.

9. HotelRoyale

HotelRoyale Member

Wow, "Orville" was/is a beautiful popup! I remember the first used popup I bought ... it was on eBay and my wife and I drove about 500 miles to get her ... it was an '82 Coleman Royale ... and was the inspiration for my forum handle, Hotel Royale. I remember the owners getting teary-eyed as we popped her down in their driveway and we prepared to leave with her. It's just natural to really miss something you've had such good family times in. Best wishes on whatever comes next for you all! [A]

10. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Good luck to you, Dave... hope you decide to stick around here a while even if the pup has a new home!