Good Bye Shelby and thank you!

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by mercman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Sadly, over the weekend we have spent the last few days comforting our 13 year old Collie in her final days, Shelby is now at the rainbow bridge and out of pain. She has been in failing health over almost 2 years and recently has stopped eating. The vet said we had two choices and we chose to have her here with us, surrounded by her family. we first met her when she was 5 months old and got her when she was 8 months. She has always been the perfect companion and great while our kids grew up and was very much a part of the family. She enjoyed camping, canoeing, sleeping and eating. She will be sorely missed and we feel a great loss but glad she is not suffering any more.
    thank you Shelby, you were a great dog, friend and more. Bailey your brother will be a little lost without you but he will do all right, he was never the alpha unit of the bunch but he will do OK.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Chris

2. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

Sorry for your loss Chris and family. She was a great looking girl.

Rob & Suzanne

3. Krafty

Krafty New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. My parents did the same with our Boxer when he got cancer we chose to keep him home with family. Its amazing how they touch our lives and create such great memories and are family.
    My thoughts are with you in this dim time.

4. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard to loose just not a pet, but truly a member of the family. I've been where you are right now. Not easy. Remember the good times and the wonderful life Shelby had. She sure was a beauty.

5. jeffanddeb

jeffanddeb New Member

We are so very sorry for your loss. We to have been there it is not easy. Think of all the great times you shared with Shelby they will help get you through these difficult days. [:(]

6. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

We are sorry for your loss we to have been down that road with our Boarder Collie she was 13 to but before she passed away she taught the great pyrenees about the bath time now we have to round them up and the one she has to be carry in to the tub the other one has be put on the leash the other one he well go on his own theother one she has to go out side on the chain. and i say thank you lady for tell them about bath time :)

7. GOTSMART

GOTSMART New Member

Take comfort in the fact you provided Shelby the best possible life you could, and I am sure she was appreciative

8. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss. We went through the same thing this year with our lab, Savannah. I wish you and your family the very best. My prayers are with you.

9. camping_girl

camping_girl New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

10. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

I had to put my black lab (Molly) down a few years back. She was such a sweet dog and had her for a number of years. They just become part of the family and such a devoted friend. My thoughts are with you.

11. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Like sand through the hour glass... Just remember the good times we have had with them. Some don't appreciate what a pet may bring to an individual, but as you know and feel I totally understand...

12. jjkach

jjkach New Member

So sorry for loss. We went through saying goodbye to our Maltese a few years back. Very hard. We have lots of good memories. We will keep you in our prayers.

13. greatlakers

greatlakers New Member

When my dachshund had to be put down, we still had her daughter, who was very lost without her mom.
    That was years ago and now mom and daughter are both gone and I miss 'my girls' terribly.
    So sorry about Shelby. You'll talk about your 13 years of memories for a long time.

14. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

We are sorry for your loss also.

15. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Awww. Our thoughts are with you, Chris. We've had to let go of two of our elderly kitties over the last couple of months so we know how it feels.

16. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Chris and family,

We're glad you had brought her camping to those first few rallies. Shelby was a great dog.
    We are very sorry for your loss and we will miss her too.

17. coach32765

coach32765 New Member

So sorry to hear about Shelby. Great times and fond memories will return with time.

18. Goldens

Goldens Member

So very sorry for your loss of dear Shelby Chris. I know how tough it is, lost my sweet boy 6 months ago. I thank you and the other members that gave me condolences. Run free at the bridge Shelby.

19. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Sorry for your loss Chris.

20. JulesCamper

JulesCamper Indianapolis, IN

so sorry about your loss. They are definately one of the family.