Good Bye Shelby and thank you!

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by mercman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Hi everyone -

Annette and I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words. Shelby was our first dog as a family and a family dog she was. She grew up with our two boys and their childhood memories are full of Shelby sharing the bed and couch with them. She was always happy to be with her family, especially at dinner time. Many a night I would come home from a late night call and have to move her from my pillow to the foot of the bed. She was a lounger for sure.
    I want to share one more photo with you, it's rather fitting for the portal. We had just brought home our new camper in the spring of 2007. Opening it up as excited new owners, it didn't take long for Shelby to walk over. Knowing her whole family was inside this new tent on wheels, she placed her front feet on the step and let out a bark. My son opened the door, she came in, gave a sniff here and there and immediately jumped in one of the bunk ends and made herself comfortable, The princess had picked a bed over a couch as her new sleeping quarters.
    Take it easy our camping collie, we miss you.
    [​IMG]

2. scoutermom

scoutermom New Member

Dogs can make the best camping buddies ever - I can't imagine camping without thinking of the many wonderful times I've shared with my various, furry camping buddies over many years.... First the German Shepherds we had when I was a child and then the Golden Retreivers who shared canoes, tents and trailers with me and my son.

Dogs entertain you and the kids, make you laugh, eat the leftovers, and guard us from maurading chipmunks and squirrels! All they ask is to be included with their family and loved - and they give so much love in return.

There is nothing more homey & comforting than a warm furry body on your feet as you drift off to sleep in your sleeping bag.....

I came across this quote recently, and it seems to fit -

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."
    ~Unknown~

Shelby will be waiting patiently for her family at the Rainbow Bridge, she's left a piece of her heart with you, and taken part of yours with her - a dog's love is forever.

Laura