Good grief it's hot!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by fourhallatts, Jul 2, 2018.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

It's just after 9:30 am here in Redwood NY (20 min from Alexandria Bay) and it's already 81 degrees (Fahrenheit). But it's just not camp if we don't have a fire! Plus we spent last night redoing the fire pit. The old pit was too small to cook over. Now we can really cook over the fire. Just in time for our anniversary dinner (scallops and a tossed salad with blueberry pie for dessert).

Attached Files:

Rik Peery likes this.
  2. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

I was just telling my husband that I’m surprised we aren’t camping this week-usually we have quite a knack for picking the hottest week of the year to go camping. We must be losing our touch! Stay cool!!

Orchid and jnc like this.
  3. fourhallatts

Thanks I'll try! Fortunately just after I posted the breeze picked up and it is quite comfortable down by the lake.

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

We'd take 81 all day. We're in the midst of an eight-day trip this week in east-central Kansas and temps have been in the mid to high 90s every day.
    But we have good AC and this beats the heck out of being at work. [:)C]

jnc likes this.
  5. fourhallatts

If only it had stayed at 81. It is 92 right now but fortunately we have had a breeze today.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

It is hot and humid here. Just yesterday I was just thinking how it is perfect beach weather. However I'm stuck at home as I have no dog sitters.

7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Son is w/ the 10th Mountain at Ft Drum (Watertown) & arrived back in the states Sat. morning from his deployment, he said he didn't think it could get that hot that far north lol...been in the 90s here in Va. for several days, should drop back into the mid 80s by next week...beautiful area up that way, Clayton & Alex Bay were our favorite spots...

8. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

That is downright cool. Been 100 or higher for the last week here. I think Wed. it is supposed to drop to 90, but chance for rain which will make everything more humid than it already is. There is a reason I am trying to double my A/C! Had mine up this weekend, in full sun with no shade, but buttoned up with reflectix and pugs and I was having trouble keeping the interior at 80 or so. I think it was 102 outside, and my interior car temp after sitting was 130.

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Happy Anniversary. 97 here under my carport at 8:00 AM Ct heat index is about 102-105
    We also have a chance for rain, that means cutting the grass and pastures again, I just came in from cutting them but average about 2 times a week lately . It gives something to think about tho; meaning cooler weather. Good Luck and Keep on camping

Orchid likes this.
  10. fourhallatts

It is beautiful up here, but then again just about anything is better than being at work! Your son is right, who would of thought it could get this hot this far north! Fortunately the heat is supposed to break Fri.

Rik Peery likes this.
  11. fourhallatts

Thanks, 30 years today. It hardly seems possible!

Rik Peery likes this.
  12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Im loving it... even have the fire going..

Attached Files:

Rik Peery likes this.
  13. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Alexa says 96 here!

14. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

So hot here in Florida that I've been cleaning our canvas a bit at a time in the evenings. Don't want to stay out there long enough to do the whole thing. No camping in our world for the next few months. Camping season starts again October 1st, and we have reservations starting that day.

15. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I am in new England. it was in 100 all 3 days. Alot of pool time . I did get out on the motorcycle for a 400 mile day on Saturday . It was rough as the tar snakes were in full force. Tomorrow its will be the same and we are packed and loaded to hit the road to VT for the next few days.

16. fourhallatts

The heat finally broke! It is a pleasant 72 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind out of the north (thank you Canada)! We might actually be able to enjoy the outdoors today. I've already got the fire going (dh is splitting wood as I type) and we are planning a wonderful feast of fresh fish for dinner tonight. Of course vacation is almost over but we have had a productive week. Happy camping everybody!

Paula72 and Rik Peery like this.
  17. fourhallatts

Here's a few pics!

Attached Files:

Paula72 and Rik Peery like this.
  18. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

I would kill for 81 degrees. Down here in south Louisiana the afternoon temps will hit the upper 90's. And with the very high humidity down here is will feel like the lower 100's. Thank god our AC works very good. We only camp in places that have some kind of water activity in the summer.

Paula72 likes this.