??Good Sam Club??

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by kmeece, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kmeece

kmeece New Member

I've been told that the Good Sam Club is a good investment. Is it? Recommendations?

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

3. kmeece

kmeece New Member

Thanks! So glad I didn't sign up!

4. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

I got a free 1 year membership.. haven't had a chance to use it and I don't have much of a plan to use it

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I wouldn't bother with it.

6. airmech2210

airmech2210 Member

It is only good for filling up your mailbox with junk paper.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

7. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We had a one year membership and got a free weekend of camping out of it. Didn't renew after that. Don't see the need as we can get the same discount from AAA or AARP.

8. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

from what I read here they really are only interested in the big rigs, offering insurance and kinds of bull cocky!

I call it the "Good Scam" Club

9. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

I added RV coverage on AAA to get the 100 mile towing. Had to bump up the class of coverage on the TV because the RV coverage only covers towing on the trailer.

10. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Since I don't have or want AAA I'm seriously considering their Roadside Assistance Pkg. as it covers the camper and contents. With ours being a '93 and it only costing less than $80 right now the DW and I are seriously looking at doing it. Yeah, I've heard the negatives and yes they may cater to the class "C" and "A" rigs but that's where their real $ is so of course they will. Many of us may, at some point, move up into one while others will get out all together so you have to decide which program appeals to you and once you've done the research whether or not it would be worth your money. JMO.

Doc

11. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I'm probably one of the few with another opinion.

I joined Good Sam last year in order to get the discounted campsite price on our D.C. trip. For me, it came down to the savings on cost of the campsite outweighed the cost of the 1-year membership. So for me it was a good investment. [:D]

As far as other benefits, I didn't see any on my part. I don't buy stuff at Camping World; so, that discount didn't do anything for me. Don't want/need their insurance.

The extra mailbox stuffing :) isn't really a big deal for me. It's easy enough to toss it with the rest of the junk that gets put into my mailbox. BTW, if the US Post Office wants to save some money or eliminate some waste they could stop delivering bulk rate and other junk mail everyday and just do it a couple of times a week. That would save my mail carrier from having to stop at my mailbox (and most likely many others) most of the time. They'd only have to stop if delivering 1st class mail (rarely at my house), packages (even more rare) or if I'm actually sending something by snail mail (rare also, but there's a red flag indicator if he needs to stop). It would take the carrier much less time to pass through the neighborhood if he didn't have to stop at most houses.

As far as Good Sam, you have to decide if the benefit is worth the cost. In my case, it was; but, I won't be renewing since it won't be saving me anything this year.

12. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

I've had Good Sam for the last 4 years and when it runs out, I'm not going to renew it. Even with the discounts at CW, it's not worth it to me. Camper goodies can be gotten cheaper elsewhere and AAA takes care of the RV stuff. Another RV group is "Route 66". They have discounts to a bunch of places and even a discount for KOA's.