good way to remove decals

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by brit, May 28, 2011.

1. brit

brit Loving-Life

We are currently repairing a roof on our Starcraft, nothing major, but it does need to be re-painted, anyways, there are decals on both side ends, I removed them by using my hair dryer to soften the glue on the backs and they came off easy with a little persuasion lof a plastic scraper, took 5 minutes to do both Starcraft lettering.

2. zx5chris

zx5chris New Member

ya, i've used a heat gun and bubbled the finish on door. oops! finished with a hair dryer [CF]

3. marcort

marcort New Member

I used a hair dryer too. Was a bit a pain because I pulled pin stripping that had been hit with debris from the TV for years. So every time I'd start to get a piece of it, it would break off. Ugh... Took me all day. You should post some pics.

Here's what mine looked like when I was in the middle of removal.
    [​IMG]

4. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 New Member

kutzit.

found at ace hardware and other places. sherwin williams.

get small bottle. you will be done in one hour. will need to make sure you prep camper properly before paint and be sure to use something to remove residue left by kutzit. it leaves an oil behind. i used greased lightning then tsp double dose after using wire wheel on entire pup.

5. nomoretent

nomoretent Member

There is another thread on this. Kutzit is AWESOME!!! And they have it at ACE. Just be sure to let it sit for 20 minutes before you try to peel anything off.