Goodale Creek Campground, California

Discussion in 'California' started by Grandpa Don, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

There is a $5 a night fee. This campground would be good for an overnight stay or maybe a two-day stay and a break from a long travel trip. Otherwise there isn't much to do here but hike in the volcanic rock. It would be best to camp here in the winter. Summertime it's just too hot unless you have a generator. I stayed 2 days on August 24th 2019. I had to run my generator from about 12 noon until about 6 at night to keep the air conditioner running. It was also a little windy but nothing too terrible. In my case, I was alone and was just wanting to get away from the house for a few days. So I enjoyed my time here. There is a small Creek that runs through the campground very cold clean water. The camp host who is on site provides free firewood to anybody who wants it. The sign says take what you want, bring back what you don't use. Now that is a novelty.

Stayed here in a 12 foot-long PopUp Trailer (RV). Grandpa Don would stay here again.

2. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

CA DFG plants trout in Gooddale Creek, so there's that, too...

3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

Really! I did not know that. I'm not a fisherman but I might try it the next time I go up there. My California fishing license was about $45.00 I think. But I have not used it once this year.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like it does have one thing I like, sounds like peace and quiet. That is what I look for and sometimes long for :) in a CG. Thanks for sharing

Grandpa Don likes this.