Goodbye Coleman, Hello Jayco!

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by brockeverly, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Wow, very good info. I have never really thought much about a WDH from a braking standpoint. Makes all the sense in the world since the front brakes of the TV do a lot more of the work than the rear when it comes to stopping.

I have a new found appreciation for this kind of thing after nailing Bambi's mom in November while pulling a HTT. Now I wonder what the outcome may have been without the WDH. All was fine other than the front bumper, but when your trying to jam the pedal through the floorboard with that trailer behind you, its scary.

2. samebutdifferent

samebutdifferent New Member

congrats. we have 2008 jayco 19h and love it. what is the silver box thing up front? and what is in it?

3. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

Congratulations, I have the starcraft 197rb which is basically the identical trailer, just with starcraft on the side.
    Mine looks exactly the same inside.

2 mod suggestions
    install some shelving inside the wardrobe, makes it way more useful.

Replace the thermostat for the furnace with a digital one, from home depot or where ever, the one installed is garbage!!.

Happy Camping!

4. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new camper.

5. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

The Coleman looks so tiny behind the Tundra! Good job on the deal, too. Been wanting to upgrade to a HTT for awhile now, but can't justify the costs just yet. Also, I'm wanting a unit with 3 queen beds, plus the goucho and dinette. I'm picky and cheap.......not a good combination.

6. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Nice rig and pretty much what I'm thinking of doing some day. Soon or later the I think we'll end up with a HTT-best of both worlds. Quicker setup and bath/shower for the females while still retaining the tenting. I just love sleeping under tenting. :) But 1st need to upgrade my TV.

7. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg New Member

Congrats!

8. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

I have pulled that off after denting the bumper on my truck. It was a tool box that had all of my hoses and stuff in them.