Goose Point in Virginia with Beautiful Views

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by TimboCamper, Oct 16, 2020.

1. TimboCamper

TimboCamper New Member

Setup "pop-tart" at Goose Point in Virginia. This place has beautiful scenic camping sites with full hookups! Our site (#20) had a wonderful view of the lake. The bath houses were some of the cleanest I have seen. Has a swimming area, boat ramps, fishing docks, kayak launches. A really nice camping site.
    20201013_084858.jpg
    20201013_094414.jpg
    20201014_120245.jpg

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Neat place, got a pal that used to camp there a lot; been nigh 50 yrs since I've been to Philpott, less than 2 hrs away...

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

Great site. Most campgrounds I’ve been to near water in VA do not have hookups unless your further away from the water. Then again I do understand Why if the area is prone to flooding. I’d be interested in checking that area out some year. Always looking for new places to see here especially near the water like that.

4. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Active Member

Holy Smokes, that is a nice campsite! You probably should have said it was in northern Canada.

5. strangiato

strangiato Active Member Gold Supporting Member

The nicest washrooms that I ever saw were in a Virginia state park. Chippokes Plantation State Park. Each shower had it's own outside locking door with a spacious changing area.

One of my dreams is to camp at a site on the water like that. I now know where I can do that. Beautiful site!

6. LaramieLovers

LaramieLovers New Member

This is my husband’s dream campsite. He has always wanted a water view like that. Thanks for sharing, this place ( and that site number!) Are going on the list.
    How was the separation from other campers/sites?