Goshen lift post replacement

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by mread5, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Hoyt Burrass

Hoyt Burrass New Member

I believe from your description that you need to put some supports in (4, 2 front/2 rear) to hold the roof off of the camper. I used cheap 2x3's from Lowes Depot. you may have to cut them to get the lengths to match up...on my Rockwood the front and rear are not the same height. Rest them on the ground and allow yourself plenty of room to work...in other words...longer rather than shorter. Mine are all over 6 feet long.

2. Robert Hornung

Robert Hornung New Member

Thanks, I really appreciate your response but the roof is already off the camper. The sides rotted away and, while raising it, the roof shifted and fell apart. So now I am building a new frame for the roof. I know the roof brackets are slightly bent but the face of the brackets sits even to the front of the posts. So if I lower the lift posts all the way down, the wood sides rests on the top rail of the camper. If I only lower the lift posts to about 6 or 8 inches above the camper rail, the wood sides are just barely outside the camper. There were no spacers between the original wood sides and the roof brackets so I'm kind of stuck.

3. Hoyt Burrass

Hoyt Burrass New Member

Can you post some pics...I'm not clear on what you are describing...also heading out with kids, may be a while before I respond

4. Robert Hornung

Sure here a 4 pictures. The last one is a piece of wood on the outside of the camper. You can see the gap between it and the roof bracket. Whenever you get a chance, I greatly appreciate it. Enjoy family time.

Attached Files:

5. Hoyt Burrass

Hoyt Burrass New Member

Hi Robert...the pics do help. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the geometry of the dutchmen 1204 roof sideboards but I did find this thread from 2013 that may point you in the right direction. IIRC our Rockwood does have a flair that fits over the outside of the camper rail. I am sorry that I am not more help...you might message the member that posted the dutchmen thread above if you need more help.

6. Robert Hornung

Thanks for the thread, it definitely helps. I appreciate your help. I spent the yesterday cutting out the sides and and attaching them to the sides. I still gotta cut out the front and back sections and attach them. I'll reach out to the member and see what they say. Thanks again.