Goshen Lift System: Getting Roof To Raise Evenly

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by bachstrad, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bachstrad

bachstrad New Member

Hi y'all,
    I know this topic has been covered before several times. I've seen it while browsing, but didn't need the information at the time and as a result didn't pay attention to it as I should have. Anyway, my 1995 Palomino Stallion is equipped with a Goshen lift system. I replaced one of the lift arms a few months back and since then the roof does not raise evenly. In my case, the front of the roof comes up before the rear of the roof does. I've just finished what was for me a big project- replacing part of the floor that runs from the front of the truck to just in front of the roadside wheel well, along with the wall framing from trunk to wheel well, carpeting the trunk floor and installing vinyl tile throughout the rest of the camper. The roof situation is the only "loose end" left to be remedied. I know it involves moving the rear cable pulley, but in which direction does it need to move? Many thanks for your help.
    -Larry

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The low/lazy side I think, needs to have a tighter cable. So you would adjust the cable (make it shorter)or move a pulley to tighten, push harder, make the cable travel farther.

3. bachstrad

bachstrad New Member

So in my case, the pulley needs to go to the rear, right?

4. DarthMuffin

DarthMuffin New Member

It depends where your pulley is. On mine the pulley is in the front, winch in the back. I pulled the pulley tighter (towards the front) to raise the front end a little higher. The pulley should be on a threaded shaft with nuts on either side of the frame.

5. marvinh

marvinh New Member

Adjusting further to the rear will raise the rear of the roof

6. bachstrad

bachstrad New Member

Thanks everyone. I did move the pulley to the rear and that did raise the rear of the roof. It doesn't take a lot of adjusting to make a big change. Mine was an inch or better out of whack and a couple of turns on the adjusting nut was all it took to even it out. Thanks again!