Goshen lift system....side to side level

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by smoreking, Apr 30, 2013.

1. smoreking

smoreking Member

I'm searching for info on why my roof always leans to the door side. I haven't measured the height side to side because I don't think there is an adjustment for that anyway. Pup is level and almost always when I set up the door I have to pull the roof over to the door. I mean that the roof may or may not be level in height but its like the lift post have slack and the door itself is what keeps everything straight. This sometimes causes problems by the plastic tabs that are on the door coming loose and the roof leaning away from the door a few inches. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

2. yetibiker

yetibiker Darksider, family adventurer

I have that problem.

3. sabragg

sabragg New Member

Sorry I cannot help either, but know you're not alone. I have that problem too.

4. boxdoc2

boxdoc2 New Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has this issue. I can literally push the whole top of the pup toward the curb side and it's level but so far have not figured out a way to keep it there. Do all of you have a roof top a/c unit? I'm wondering if it's the weight.

5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

If the AC is not centered on the roof, That could be the problem. I would call Goshen directly, and ask them what they think. I have dealt with them in the past. They are very helpful, and have great knowledgeable support people. Here is there info. http://www.goshenstamping.com/lift.php

6. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

On our "G-System" it needs to lean slightly to the door side (not level) so the door opens properly...in other words, the top and bottom hinge will not align and the 2 pieces separate at the handle side. As you open the door...it will pull the roof toward you!
    I have no AC on mine. This is just one of the quirks you have to get used to with a used pup! [V]
    I hope there is a fix! [RTM] [MOD] [PU]

7. dksimon

dksimon UNITED WE STAND

I have the same problem with mine! I thought it was due to the A/C weight on the roof. Mine leans to the curbside and the A/C is on the roadside.

Interested in others with thoughts on this problem!

8. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I haven't tried this (just a thought process)...raise the roof higher than needed and put longer support poles street-side...set the door...then lower the roof slightly to get a curb-side lean! [?]