Got in touch with my inner self last weekend

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by eoleson1, Jul 1, 2021.

1. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

and that's just one reason why I hate RV toilet paper. We've been using Camco tp, but now I'm looking for something better. Any suggestions?

1380ken likes this.
  2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Anything is better than RV toilet paper. We still have RV paper from the camper purchase. From what I see, the RV toilet paper is made to train workers or at machine set up. Material thickness is inconsistent, perforations are iffy, and it zigs and zags coming off the roll. They label it RV to charge more for it.

3. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

60 grit sandpaper is softer than RV toilet paper.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I found some Scott RV TP that seemed better than whatever it was we'd been using, but it is also inconsistent - or else I've gotten even fussier in the last year.
    We keep both RV and regular TP in our TT. We have a routine that only poo-ed paper goes in the toilet, pee-ed paper gets tossed in the trash. I experimented this year, using one piece of Charmin on top of RV toilet paper, and it seemed to work fine in our system. We have a flush toilet with 10 gallon black tank, and use the Hydroflush most of the times when we dump. (I dumped at a site with FHU on the last trip, we'll do the same on the next trip.)

eoleson1 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I literally bought a few rolls of different kinds of septic safe toilet paper and performed my own test and used the one that broke up better. (This was pre covid when toilet paper was plenty full). If I remember correctly, I had a tie between Scotts and Angel Soft. It was kind of interesting experiment when I tested it. I say do your own experiment with what ever toilet paper you use or can find. The one that wins is the one that breaks up in the tinier pieces. I only have a cassette toilet myself.

xxxapache and eoleson1 like this.
  6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

We never have used RV paper and have never had a TP issue. We use Angel Soft. It will often times break down before you flush the toilet.

People get way too wrapped around the axle worrying about their RV black tank. If you put some water in the tank before using it, use plenty of flush water, and don't empty until the tank is about full, you shouldn't have any problems. I dont find a need for rv paper, specialized chemicals, flush wands or built in flushing systems.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    eoleson1 likes this.
  7. Jkoht

Jkoht Member

Scott's brand rv TP usually found in the rv section at Walmart has been the best in my experience. It seems to be soft and strong, but also break down once flushed.

8. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

I use regular TP in the Thetford 565E and when i dump it at home in the crapper its all broken down.
    You can get some serious swamp butt in the muggy summertime temps using cheap abrasive TP:(