Got my eye on a Roo

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by EvilM0nkey, Feb 28, 2016.

1. EvilM0nkey

EvilM0nkey Camping fo free!

I finally got my eyes on a 183 (three bunks, no slides) and I'm in LOVE. I had no idea they were as nice as they are.
    Yes I've seen the other thread. I'm a bit different than that situation and I think my dealer is a lot better. Either way It's going to be a while before we pull the trigger anyway. We'll probably buy one used once the new ones with the improved canvas design get a little older. I even stopped by the dealer to look at another one on the lot yesterday. Very impressed with this model.

Gotta get a bigger TV first though...

[​IMG]20160213_150230 by Ross, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160213_150246 by Ross, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160213_150300 by Ross, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160213_150358 by Ross, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160213_150455 by Ross, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160213_150423 by Ross, on Flickr

2. sdpadsfan

sdpadsfan New Member

The 183 is a nice camper. We are getting a Roo 19. PDI is scheduled for next week. Hopefully all will go well ( i have been following the other thread as well).

3. Duneslider

Duneslider Member

Just to open up your options, there is a jayco model and a starcraft model that are basically the same thing. I am not certain if these companies are all owned by the same parent company, or if they just share designs/manufacturing. We almost bought a new Starcraft 187TB couple weeks ago, we too love the three bunks. We ended up finding a used 2005 Starcraft 21SB which is similar but also has the three bunks. I wasn't quite ready to spend 18K on a new trailer, I still struggle to not be camping in a tent but the wife really likes the trailer and the previous popup got us out camping WAY more than when we just tented it.

4. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

I see you where at the Richmond RV show. My wife loved that RV but I will never buy anything from McGeorge again. Had a horrible time with warrenty work. If you like that check out Southern RV they have the sister brand and better company to deal with.

5. EvilM0nkey

That's interesting. I went up there with a buddy to pick up his 2015 TT from some warranty work and it went well for him. They even found and fixed a few issues that he didn't mention. He does deal and is friends with Kevin, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Kevin showed me the roo and was great to me. He even asked about the work to my Columbia.

Honestly I'm not very worried about the warranty. I see it more as buying a new house. I expect some work to be done. Unless the parts are expensive or it has a major problem I didn't see, I'll probably just do it all myself. After redoing the roof in my Columbia nothing seems hard anymore [:D]

6. billy_bob169

billy_bob169 New Member

We completely restored our 92 Palomino pup last year, and recently made the mistake of going to the RV show and checking out the new Rockwood Roo Hybrids too. LOL My wife is ready to sign the papers on a 183, but I am having a hard time with the price tag also! But damn does the bathroom look nice...and having 3 queen beds!!

7. Scotia 55

Scotia 55 Member

I agree! We were out at an RV show in the weekend. Looked at a lot of hybrids, not for now but some year in the future. I must say, the Roo's and shamrocks had nice interiors. We also looked at Coachmans, Starcrafts, Escapes etc, some excellent features on those as well.

What did standout between the Roo/Shamrocks over all the others was that they had a full size queen bed(sometimes 3 of them!!). All the others appeared to have doubles and sometimes smaller(not including models with bunks). Not sure why?

8. EvilM0nkey

The heated mattresses are a huge plus too.
    It flows very well too. Almost feels like a boat cabin to me.

9. Scotia 55

Scotia 55 Member

We have the Rockwood heated mattresses on our Pup. Very well designed. Definitely a plus for spring/fall camping!

10. EvilM0nkey

Even with doubled foam in my pup it still gets cold from the bottom. [sf]

11. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

Jayco has the x18D which now has been replaced (2016) with a 7' wide model to which I forget the label. The table gets small on the 7' width, but still the same layout otherwise.