Grand Isle 2012

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by jim-bass, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jim-bass

jim-bass New Member

We spent a week at Grand Isle this spring and were quite pleased. Obviously the park is new. There are free washers and dryers. There is ice at the entrance.

There were storms three days. Not all at once but with breaks to recover. We took our awning and were glad.

We paid our toll for the new bridge at a store close to the entrance. I have heard that toll facilities have been installed at the start of the bridge.

All in all, it was a good trip.

This link goes to a few of our pictures.
    http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/583247997rSxZcD

2. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

ummmm , are you camping in a parking lot ?
    Just kidding but i wouldn't stay in a place like that if THEY paid me . Just my opinion & glad you enjoyed it .

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Nice location right near the beach. [A]

Looks like those must have been some pretty good storms by the looks of the flooded road. Where is Grand Isle at ?

4. jim-bass

jim-bass New Member

I jokingly told the family that we were going to the "end of the world". It is one of the barrier islands on Louisiana's Gulf Coast. It is located somewhat in the middle of the coast. You get to the island by way of a rather long bridge over the marsh lands. It is a toll bridge.

5. jim-bass

jim-bass New Member

I forgot the storms. Yes, there were pretty good. Probably nothing to the people who live there. The campground is right at sea level so there would be a bit of " ponding" of the water.

At least we were not there for hurricane season.

6. MissLou

MissLou Member

We used to love to camp at Grand Isle State Park back when the "campground" was simply driving out onto the beach and setting up. We also got into some of the worst thunderstorms ever on that same beach. We haven't been back in about fifteen years but we have so many good memories of Grand Isle camping. Thanks for the pics.