Grand manan island Anchorage PP

Discussion in 'New Brunswick' started by Winchested, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Winchested

Winchested Member

This is a great park with nice big pull thru sites. However no privacy at all other than in the tent camping area.

2 minute walk to public access beach where you can beach comb and walk for miles down the coast if you felt the desire. Campfires are allowed on the beach. Dogs are allowed. Our lab had an absolute blast off leash further down away from the main beach area.

No cell service. But park has WiFi at the office.

Few minutes drive to seal cove Beach. Kids and wife found tons of shells here. Wife forgot her water shoes here and we surprisingly found them the next day after a good samaratin put them near a garbage can. That made my day due to the moaning and groaning lol.

Flocks of sheep beach at far south end of island takes quite the hike to get to. We were not prepared for the hike so didn't venture too far from the top of the coastal cliffs.

Stanley Beach is beautiful, you can watch the ferry come and go. This is the only beach to find sand dollars at. Right across from the small hospital and a great bakery. (which makes gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin muffins) my wife so super pleased.

Dark harbour is a nice twisty drive but not really anything to do down there.

Swallow tail light house is neat, costs $5 to journey to the top however.

Hole in the wall campground is great to visit for a few hours or camp. Mostly back country sites with no power and water saw a couple pop ups. (scratched the crap out of my truck all down the pass side from evergreens on the tiny little trails that lead to the tent sites)

All in all we loved Grand manan and the people here are fantastic. If you drive a truck everyone waves to you from another truck.

2. Winchested

Winchested Member

Forgot to add, reserve for the ferry online. We ended up getting a $45 back credit as I booked the truck and trailer as one unit by length. Cost $112 I believe round trip for the ferry. You pay online when booking or when leaving the island.