Grandy Creek KOA

Discussion in 'Washington' started by SirLancelot, Aug 23, 2014.

1. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Member

We attended here with a church family camp and I had some doubts about how private or roomy the sites would be, considering our prior experiences with private campgrounds were lackluster at best. Generally however, it's a nice campground.

It's situated in a quiet and private area off Hwy 20 about 30 minutes east of Burlington. Grandy Creek runs alongside the campground and it's situated in a quiet forest environment. There's a large field in front of several cabins for rent, a pool, off-leash area for dogs, play area for kids, and clean free showers.

The sites are hit and miss in terms of space. None really have much for privacy, but the amount of space you get varies WILDLY. We were lucky enough to get a decent roomy site, but others nearby that friends of ours got are basically stacked in top of and beside each other in true KOA fashion that we've seen in other locations. It's disappointing because if we got sites like that and weren't surrounded by friends we would've turned around and left right after we arrived.

The staff is helpful and friendly, grounds are maintained well, and the surroundings really are beautiful. Mount Baker is nearby and some friends did a very kid friendly hike up Sauk Mountain with breathtaking views of the mountains right in front of you. The North Cascades Highway truly kicks off about 30 minutes to the east and is probably the most breathtaking drive I've ever taken. A campground like this could be a good basecamp for exploring. That said however, Rasar State Park is about 5 minutes west and we'll be checking it out on our way home. I've heard and read very good things about that park.

2. pokeyt

pokeyt New Member

My family and I stayed there last week just before the labor day weekend. We were in the water & sewer sites near the pool. The best part: we were literally the only campers within two loops. That made for a nice stay.

If the loop was full it would have felt tight.

Overall the park was nice, my kids enjoyed the pool, the playground and riding bikes around the roads. We wouldn't hesitate to come back here if we are ever in the N Cascades area again.