grease seals

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Beach camper, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Beach camper

Beach camper New Member

hi, I am new here, I have a 1990 coleman Columbia,my cousin gave it to me and I have been making improvements,last year before I took off for 5 months of camping I bought 2 galvanized 1 1/16 x 1 1/16hubs from trailer, I put on 9,000 mi on trip,so I pulled hubs took out and cleaned bearings , box said 1 1/4 grease seal, wife took box and shop said they don't stock that co parts but gave her seals, first set was too big, second was too tight, I knew theses hubs were cheap Chinese when grease caps didn't fit, the box said 1 1/4 ID grease seal part #46760, anyone have a Columbia model and know where to get seals, my wife went to store 3times hope I didn't damage bearing taking wrong seals off thanks dennis

2. Fless

Fless Active Member

Contact the company that you bought the hubs from; they should be able to sell you seals. Do the old seals have any numbers on them?

3. Beach camper

Beach camper New Member

no # . trailer shop gave wife wrongs seals, when I look up other hub kit co they have different size ID grease seals, box hub came in has no co name on it, and hub seal# on box no online outfits have a match

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Take one of the old seals to a parts shop for cars etc. they should be able to match the seals.

5. joet

joet Well-Known Member

A good parts counter man can measure the old seals and go the seal catalog to find you the correct seal

Fless likes this.
  6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Measure the hub ID and axle OD and get a seal to fit those. Get a double lip seal.

7. Fless

Fless Active Member

I meant where you bought it, not the mfr. of the hub. If a reputable place is selling the hub they ought to be able to help you out. If they can't, why buy from them?

And like others have mentioned, a good parts person could match up a replacement if you give him/her the old one.
    _

8. Beach camper

Beach camper New Member

9. Beach camper

Beach camper New Member

found them at etrailer , they are nice, sent out same day!