Great little LED Lighted Switch

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Kasey Redrum, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Kasey Redrum

Kasey Redrum Member

I just saw these at Big 5, then I saw them at HarborFreight and so I had to buy one. I think $3.99. IT has 2 columns of LEds, and a switch in the middle. Comes with batteries, 4 aaa. What I really like, this thing is BRIGHT. And it can be mounted with magnets, or velcor. I envision this could be near the door of the PUP on the outside. At HF they even had a version of this that had a dimmer on it.

Attached Files:

rescamilla and 1380ken like this.
  2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

They are definitely bright!

I keep one in the truck and use them in a couple of small closets and the pantry in my house. I found that they are expensive to run. I only can seem to get about three uses per light before I have to change out the batteries. They are very handy when I turn them on, but can't seem to remember to turn them off!o_O

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Once in awhile Harbor Freight will have these for free with any purchase (and coupon)

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I saw them at Walmart and almost bought one to use with the camper, but changed my mind. I was thinking of inside beside the door so I wouldn't have to fumble to find the overhead lights in the dark, but then I was thinking I would then need to remember to turn it off. Not worth it as with my luck I would forget until I'm ready to turn in for the night.

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Right... I'm not big on non-rechargable battery powered lights. Remember when those round "tap lights" were such the rage? I never understood it.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oh gosh I left those on all the time. If my pantry wasn't so dark I would have ditched it a long time ago. I just found motion sensor led lights rechargable lights for my pantry that I can't wait to try. May actually be able to get past a day now.

7. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

I had one installed right inside the door on my pup, useful for getting set up in the dark before I raised the sink and had overhead lights.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have one just inside the door and one in each closet, also use them at home too. Great little lights especially at HF for the money. They give a bright light.

9. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I have one in the clipper's bathroom. The switch is messed up so I have to get it right in the middle position to go on. It is very convenient there as I don't have to feel around the ceiling for the wired light.

I have one to put in the FnR bathroom, but haven't done so yet.

I also have puck lights (aka tap lights) strategically placed around the clipper. I use them a lot instead of the overheads. Never have a problem with the batteries - they last over a year. But I am very good about turning off my lights - I prefer them off so I can see out the windows.

10. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

I put that same light in one of my cabinets. Seem to get a season out of the batteries, but it does not get used often or for a long time. Works great for what my needs were, helping illuminate the inside of the storage area.

11. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I got four or five of them to use around here. Great for putting next to bathroom light switch... Keeps you from stumbling around in the dark when the power goes off haha...

Got mine from WALMART.. Have had them for a couple of years now and still running off the same AA batteries...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]