Great Time For Some Mods/Repairs

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by 3sons, Jul 16, 2013.

1. 3sons

3sons Only good at Drinking Beer

On our recent camping trip I discovered a great time to do something that you have been putting off is when it is raining. I had my cordless drills and tools in my PUP so when it started raining i said what the heck let me just start doing some repairs. First I drilled a couple of holes in the cabinet behind the sink for the new electric fridge to breath. Then i looked at the canavas it some spots is what coming off its track. I got me screw driver and removed the screws holding the plastic track and put the canavas back up.Then started planning for my a/c mod. So has anyone else done some repairs/ mods on a camping trip while stuck in the camper in the rain?

2. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

Yes last your I was staying at a campground for 20 days, actually living there because I was waiting on military housing. Well it was raining for 2 days straight so I started doing some work. Fixed some of the sink drain lines that had a kink in it. Canvas was coming out of the track.

3. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

We've done repairs at the campground/boondocking. For us it is easier because we store our PUP in the garage because the HOA doesn't allow it to be out for an extended period of time. Seems like there's always a little bit of downtime while camping so we take advantage of it!

4. Marblerun22

Marblerun22 New Member

I make notes while camping for repairs usually that come up. Then the next time I pack the tools and fix them when we go camping as long as it's not a huge fix. Otherwise I handle it in the drive way.