Great weekend with the family

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by RaiderSteve, Aug 21, 2014.

1. RaiderSteve

RaiderSteve New Member

So we are still starting out with our NTU PUP. 91 Coleman Columbia which is a very tight squeeze for a family of 4 but hey gets the job done.
    My wife still only likes to go to regional parks in the So Cal area because she is worried if we venture out to a rural campground the bathrooms won't be clean. So either way we get out and I'll take it. Funny thing is my 5 year old son would rather sit in the PUP all day and play then do outside stuff like ride bikes and build campfires. We did end up at a water play area and rode the bikes a few times over the weekend so in all was a great time. Next trip I may just force a site in the mountains and hope for the best.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. pcfeld

pcfeld New Member

Great Pics. My oldest son use to stay in the camper vs doing things outside. I guess I was a bad father as I forced him to be outside the camper except in the evening. Now he only goes inside at night.

3. mikew66

mikew66 New Member

Which campground is that? Looks nice!

4. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Nice pics. Looks like you have a great trip and that you made many happy memories with your family. That's what camping is all about.

5. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Gotta get him out of the PUP. JMHO, but once he discovers the beautiful world of outdoors, life as a couch potato (or in this case a PUP potato) will not be as appealing. If this means that you have to be the "bad guy" and conviscate those evil electronic devices....so be it. Kids these days spend far too much time exercising their thumbs while their minds become numb. I know that this statement is not popular so just charge it off to an "old fart" and move on. As parents we must take control be it popular or not. I work with troubled Middle School pre-teens every day and can see first hand the lack of parental control and the results of same. JMHO.
    [PU] [PUT]
    BEAR

6. davekkk

davekkk Active Member

Great pics!

When we got our NTU camper, the kids wanted to spend every moment in it because it was "new". After a couple of trips that wore off and they spend more time outside without being forced.

7. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Beautiful site! All kids are different. My brother would spend more time in the camper, but I was gone the second my bike was unloaded from the Suburban. We always camped with our StarCraft camping club when I was a kid, so there was no shortage of kids to play together. Of course, that was back 30 years ago (wow!) and we didn't seem to have as many creepy people to watch out for..

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I love the site and the view. Looks like a great place to take a kayak out too. My little sidekick is also real bad about staying in the trailer unless there is a pool at the campground. She won't go out to meet friends unless they initiate a conversation. I take away her games and take her out with me. Kayaking. Swimming, hiking. I have to kind of force her to get out but she enjoys herself when we do to the point she goes "ah do we have to go". She is getting alot better now, but when she is with her grandparents she resorts back to her bad habits and its back to square one with her. I'm seeing my hard work pay off now as her imagination is finally growing. Don't get me wrong the electronics can be good, heck it got her to want to read where before she didn't want anything to do with it.

9. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

The 24 hour news stream makes it seem bad, but crimes against children are lower than any time in the last 40 years.

10. SoCalAmy

SoCalAmy New Member

Beautiful pics! What campground is this? I'm also in Socal and new to camping, I'd like to check this one out!

11. RaiderSteve

RaiderSteve New Member

Mike that is Prado Regional in Chino. Other then a major ant problem a very nice park to camp and lots to do.

12. mikew66

mikew66 New Member

Cool thanks!