Green Swamp- West Tract- Ashley Campground- Opinions?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Kimmygr, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Hi there! So, we have sent in a request to stay at Swiftmud's Green Swamp- West Tract -Ashley Campground in January 2014. We are hoping there is availability, but won't know for a few days I guess. Have any of you camped here? If so, what do you have to say about it? We have a friend who is getting a TT and we will be camping together. What is the place like? What is there to do? Other than water and necessities, what do you suggest we make sure we have with us? Should we bring our own firewood? I have never been here, so any tips/info/pics you may have and would like to share would be great. Yes, I know there are no hookups, so I am praying it wont be to awful cold since we do not have propane in our pup to stay warm. Figured I might get a batt box with an outlet for our marine batts and a small space heater to try and keep us warm if it will be cold. Luckily our pup is small and only a 6ft box, so we shouldn't need much to keep it warm inside.

2. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Opinions? Everyone has one. Just saying. Before anyone judges, I am a Navy veteran and that was a common joke that was said during my service.

3. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Just to update in case anyone is deciding to go camp there. It is a nice little campground. We were impressed. Even the vault toilet wasn't bad. It was clean which made me happy. We will definitely go back there again (only when it is cool day and night). A great little winter treasure of a dry camp nature.