Green wire from converter box

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Franchesca, Apr 18, 2021.

1. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Connect the converter green wire (DC circuit) to a brown wire on the switch. Connect the other brown switch wire to the red pump wire. Connect the black pump wire to ground.

Even this diagram is not right, but simple to follow. The fuse should be before the switch. Your circuit fuse, feeding that green wire, is on your converter protecting that circuit.
    ShurFlo wiring.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    ChiefHart likes this.
  2. ChiefHart

ChiefHart Member

The second wire is the yellow wire. You can use either the yellow or the green, just put the fuse in the corresponding slot for the wire color you use. Fuse value should be close to the pump Amperage. For example if pump is 2.5-A , then use a 5-A fuse.
    Follow WrkrBee instructions that follow this post. Connect the brown switch wire to the DC power wire (either yellow or green), and the other brown wire to the pump RED wire. Connect the pump black wire to the chassis ground or the white wire. That should be all the wires involved. Good luck.

3. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Thanks for the info! I am taking the camper into the repair shop in the morning to let them do it. Next time I have to replace the water pump I will take prior pictures!!!!

4. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Again thank you for all your help in this matter. I was able to get an appointment for tomorrow morning at an rv repair center. I will let them fix the problem. Next time I will take prior pictures!!!

5. ChiefHart

ChiefHart Member

Let us know how it works out. Get the info from the repair persons and pass it on.

Franchesca likes this.