Greetings from South Arkansas!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by klmmc13, Jun 12, 2014.

1. klmmc13

klmmc13 New Member

Greetings from South Arkansas! and Scout Troop 81 (Prescott)
    Nice to Meet You All / Y'all

I'm Kathy, DH is JW, DS16 is JL, and DS12 is Michael. Hubby is a long-haul truck driver, and not able to be home much. Michael has "issues" and requires an adult to accompany him on campouts that include more people than just his own Scout Troop. I'm getting a PUP so that I can go with him on the campouts that require someone able to "watch over him."

I'm not new to camping, just owning a Pop-up. Due to some health issues of my own, I bought a Pup. I'm not able to sleep on the ground, and some of the other "normal" things that go with tent-camping.

Yesterday, I "fell into" a stripped down pup. The tenting is intact and doesn't leak. EVERYTHING else has been removed, literally everything (oh- forgot... they left the AC, and it actually works).... I've already replaced the rubber on the ground, and searching for a spare rim & tire. But the price was affordable, and we can re-do the box interior as we wish. The bill of sale says it's a '93 Coleman Destiny Rio Grande.

I'll be looking to learn everything about the Inner Workings, the wiring diagrams, electrical & plumbing ( if it had any), etc.... I can't determine what is missing until I know what was originally there.

And I'm already an addict..... Is there Any Hope????
    Kathy

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

:) Welcome from southeast Connecticut. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP]

3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Virginia....happy camping

4. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Welcome from north east Arkansas (Cherry Valley)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '02 Chevy Suburban
    '99 Coleman Westlake

5. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Welcome from Ontario! Have a terrific season fixing up your trailer!

6. GeorgeHahnemann

GeorgeHahnemann Active Member

[8D] Welcome from West Central Ohio. [SUN] Happy and Safe Camping. [CP]

7. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Hello and welcome from South Central Kentucky. Sorry to inform you that there is no "cure" once you have this addiction. You are now connected to a well equipped support group that is home to a large number of fellow addicts. While we realize that our plight for a cure is not a great priority, we can be consoled in the knowledge that others here feel your pain. Scientists are not looking for a cure and are not likely to venture into this area of research due to the lack of funding. Our fearless leaders in D.C. are trying to help by adding meaningless regulations and increasing gas prices to curb the ability for those addicted soles to feed their addiction. For the lowly PUP owner their attempts are not working due in part to the enablers ( many who frequent this board) who continue to supply money saving tips to the addicted masses and thereby allowing them to squander money on their addiction.
    We are here for you! We feel your pain....(particularly when your PUP is broken or the dead of winter brings on the dreaded side effect of cabin fever). Alas...I must go check on my lonely PUP...I've been 2 weeks "Camp Free" and I am feeling the need for a fix..... [CP]

BEAR

8. klmmc13

klmmc13 New Member

Thanks! for the welcome.

Like most other addicts, I'm not looking for a cure... learn to manage this new "Monkey on my back", sure.... Saving money on the re-build, as well as learning how to care for and maintain this equipment, most decidedly, figuring out HOW to equip this for year-round comfort, absolutely!

Our scout troop camps once a month, EVERY MONTH, including 1 week during Christmas break. Nice huh? A Great group of enablers.... We don't always get snow every winter, but we always get a few days, minimum, of Ice issues. I'd rather have the snow.

See ya round the boards,
    Kathy

9. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

Welcome to the portal from the show me state. Lots of information here.

10. froggie

froggie New Member

Welcome from northwest Louisiana. We do most of our camping in southwest Arkansas. Hope to see y'all out there. [SNZ]

11. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Welcome from central IL!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

12. kellieh04

kellieh04 New Member

Welcome from Oklahoma! My son was in scouts as well and really loved it. I have to admit I am totally, totally addicted as well! [;)] I hope they never find a cure!!

13. cdeld628

cdeld628 New Member

Welcome from North Carolina! My husband is from Arkadelphia, AR. :) Happy Camping!

14. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Welcome from the great Pacific Northwest.