Greetings from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hikeswithcats, May 10, 2017.

1. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

Hello everyone...
    Unfortunately, I "re-homed" my old Pop Up Camper about 4 years ago. She was getting to the point of needing a decent roof rebuild and I felt I lacked both the skills and time to take on the challenge.
    At this point, I don't see another Pop Up in my near future as my camping experiences have gone in a multitude of directions (I still am just as crazy about camping as i ever was). I camp with family. I camp with horse friends. I camp in remote sites. Sometimes I take my parents' dog and I'm currently teaching one of my cats (who is an extreme adventurer in his own right) to go camping.
    I have discovered that retreating back to the tent end of things suits all of my current needs for versatility. My shelter at this point is my Kodiak Canvas Tent which will be heading into season 4 shortly [:D]!!
    I'm hoping I'm still welcome into the camping discussions here. Finding tent related forums is very difficult difficult and I've always enjoyed the Pop-Upper discussions!!

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Welcome from the Fox Valley! Almost bought one of the Kodiaks but ended up owning a pup instead!

3. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

welcome from the mid-mo

4. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

Thank You for the welcome! [A]
    I would be lying if I said I don't miss my old camper at times..... and perhaps someday in the future I will have another one.
    My 3yr old niece has caught the camping bug also & my sister had a PUP on her wish list~ so helping her find one might end up becoming an enjoyable, temporary past time for me! [;)]

5. neighbormike

Just curious, what part of the state are you from??

6. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

I am in Baraboo.....near the Wisconsin Dells area. :)

7. neighbormike

Beautiful!! Haven't been there in (quite) a while, but what a gorgeous area!! As a young man, we camped at Mirror Lake at least once a year.... that is a beautiful park that I would love to revisit!

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

welcome from N/W Fl.

Hikeswithcats likes this.
  9. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

welcome from the mid-mo

Hikeswithcats likes this.
  10. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

Oh yes!! My family & I have camped at both Mirror Lake & Devil's Lake several times!! I also love Governor Dodge S P over near Spring Green. I'm currently trying to convince my horse friends to do a horse camp out there (although the regular campsites are amazing as well) and they have beautiful trails for hiking & riding!

11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Welcome from Pittsburgh, yes you are still more than welcome to stay here on the forum, as we accept anyone. Many here started with popups, and moved on. We judge not what you camp in, it,s still camping!

12. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

Thank you! [A]
    The thing I've always loved about fellow campers is that most are friendly & welcoming! Unfortunately, that isn't always the case with a few other hobbies I have. I like to think of myself as a humble, friendly person who just likes to enjoy life~ because it truly is short. I try not to be judgemental of others and be grateful for my family, friends, animals and the few possessions I have that make life a little more enjoyable.

13. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Well-Known Member

Welcome from the western Fox Valley.:smiley: