Grey/Black Water Question?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by adatopgun, Jun 24, 2020.

1. adatopgun

adatopgun New Member

I recently purchased a 2020 Flagstaff MAC 627M, it has a hot/cold water, a internal shower, and a toilet inside the popup. The toilet has a very small holding tank and the grey water has a drainage port right next to it.

What is the best solution for disposal if I am staying at a campground for a week? The toilet will be for absolute emergencies, however, I see the hot/cold water being used regularly.

Any suggestions? Is there an attachment for the drain port to dump into one of those portable waste totes?

2. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Why not a turd toter ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Water goes fast , so you need to conserve it. How many people are going? Will you be using the shower?

Ok , is it a cassette toilet? When full you take it to the dump station. Yes, you get a cap for the grey water and then use a hose to drain it into a container. Totes are good, other ideas work also. You then have to dump that also. Where depends on the campground, but most want it disposed of at the dump stations. Now if you have a campsite with a sewer hook up you need to adapt the grey to flow into it, and you would dump the cassette as you would in a dump station.

DigitalGuru likes this.
  4. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Dang luxury items...me know nothin about those..lol

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

You added a toilet, and have a sink. The shower probably will not get used much. At least for the adults.

6. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 New Member

The grey water will just drain out into either a sewer connection or a rolling tote with a garden hose. The drain hook up is usually just below the fresh water in hook up. Like they said above the toilet is a cassette type that's all contained within itself. It should swing out from one side to give you access to the "holding tank" or cassette which you would dump out at the dump station or sewer at your site if you have it. Just make sure you use a black water treatment of some sort or it'll stink up the whole camper.
    And you only have a fresh water holding tank, no grey water tank that's built in.

7. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I connect the gray drain to a 25 gallon wheeled tote. Just remember a full 25 gallon tote is over 200lbs. know your limitations.

Sjm9911 likes this.