Griddle conundrum

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Rod Melotte, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte New Member

Got a Rockwood with the Suburban Elite griddle. I already have a Blackstone so I gave the Elite to my brother who has a 20 year old Jayco.

he just can not Hager it lit. Works fine for me. His propane does power HIS stuff inside and out side. But the Elite will not work on his camper. The connection SEEMS good.

ideas? I have NOT tried mine Blackstone on his camper. Next trip

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Is you brother camper a low pressure line and stove need high pressure? Can you remove the regulater in the griddle?

J Starsky likes this.
  3. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte New Member

We removed the regulator as his propane already had one. Don’t need 2 regulators. What needs what. Does the Elite need high and he has low?

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is just a POS griddle. Rockwood, or any other manufacturer, never included anything because it was the best that could be found, they included it because it was the cheapest obtainable from the lowest irresponsible bidder.

neighbormike likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Dont know, you have to check. I have no way to know what camper he has. Lol. If you have high pressure and you removed a regulator on the griddle it may have too much pressure. If you removed the regulater on the griddle and have low pressure it should work. Thats assuming everything works proper , and the gas is flowing. What type of conection does he have?

6. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte New Member

OH. It’s been established the griddle you get with a Rockwood is a POS and thus I gave it to my brother. LOL. It was more trying to figure out a puzzle. Just knowing there is high and low pressure is enough twll Jim to just toss it.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Question would be, did you try the griddle on your trailer? And did it work..

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte New Member

Yea - his indoor stove works and his outdoor GRILL works, the griddle in question works on MY pop up. The only thing we did not try is my blackstone on HIS outdoor hook-up. Must be a pressure thing.

9. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Does his outdoor GRILL work on yours? The 20 y/o jayco could be using a different model of quick disconnect.
    My ole coachmen did, it had markings on the male connector that indicated its model

10. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte New Member

Works on mine perfectly (for what it is). From my point of view it "looked" the same but old. It did go one a little tough but it clicked but I did not have hands on. Maybe there is a subtle difference. I did not have a chance to really look at it to compare