Grizzly Grip and Coleman AlumiTite Roof

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by mthurmon, Apr 11, 2019.

1. mthurmon

mthurmon New Member

Hi all! I'm thinking of coating my roof with Grizzly Grip. There are no current leaks that I'm aware of, but signs of a previous leak on the inside. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg, with what appears to be the AlumiTite roof. There is currently eternabond tape running down both sides (apparently there used to be roof rails there) and some bad chalking. My plan is to rip off the tape and scrape off the chalk. Then redo the chalk with Lap Sealant, then put on the grizzly grip,

Does this sound about right? Can you apply grizzly grip to alumitite roofs?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. mthurmon

mthurmon New Member

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

I don't have your answers but wanted to welcome you to the Portal. You will get answers very soon. Be patient.

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia.
    We are using Xtrm for sealing, as the MFG's have went to this. I would scrape/clean the tape off and reseal it

5. kevinpf

kevinpf Member

Grizzly Grip will seal everything for a loooooong time! and it adheres to just about everything, it is a truck bed liner product.
    If you are really worried call the company they are really good people and very helpful

good luck

6. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

that doesn't look like my alumtite roof. Is it just another type of ABS roof? Either way grizzy grip will work.