Guadalupe River SP - Review Spring 2013

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Brate, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Brate

Brate Bravado!

You know for some reason I did not have very high expectations for Guadalupe River State Park. I actually had it in my mind that it was only a "meh" park and boy was I wrong. I think my issues came from the fact that I had always just gone for day use when the park was ridiculously busy and this left a bad taste in my mouth. Now, however, after spending some quality time with the park I see what others have said and can fully endorse this park.

Check this out! If you have not been since last summer then you don't know that part of the rock cliff collapsed into the river leaving huge boulders. It's pretty cool looking.
    [​IMG]

And for my full review and lots more pictures head over to my blog.
    http://mytexasoutdoors.blogspot.com/2013/04/guadalupe-river-state-park-review.html

2. Indy

Indy Member

Haven't camped there in ages. I tent camped it in 1994!

Last summer we made a day trip there and did some canoeing, but the water was too low to really enjoy. Swimming was nice, but I dropped my waterproof camera somewhere in the bottom of the river. Oops.

Gonna have to make it back this year for an extended stay.