Had the PUP 2 weeks, and have 2 trips now under out belt!

SheriandVance

Aug 31, 2014
Last weekend, DH and I took it on the maiden trip to Silver Springs State Park for the weekend, and we just got back today from a trip with the kids and a friend of theirs to Anastasia State Park.

No major issues whatsoever - but a few "Oh wow, didn't know THAT's how that was supposed to work!" [:O] on the first trip. (When we did "camper school" they covered taking it down, and the demo guy was new and forgot some stuff i think) so we learned on our own how to properly secure the bunk end canvases under the slide out end. Which...seemed to make a difference in some rainy weather that weekend! No harm no foul.

And then on this trip - this had both DH and I laughing - another rainy afternoon (FL weather) and we blew the GFCI. Wasn't informed where it was in camper school, so we're fumbling around like idiots in the dark trying to find the reset button. DH thought it might be external behind the fridge access panel (we're newbies, no judging! LOL) and failed to make sure that stupid panel was locked back on. So....down the road today we head... and that panel goes flying off into the road. DH pulls over, gets out and runs to pick it up out of the road, just as a huge travel trailer runs smack over and smashed it into a million pieces. The tt guy stops and is SOOO apologetic - and we're like - seriously laughing. NOT A BIG DEAL.

So, that's on my to-do list - hunt one of those down - tomorrow. Currently tape and a garbage bag are covering the opening.

Silver Springs - what a gorgeous park. We seriously want to go back when it's cooler. Nice big campsites on limestone pea gravel. The bathhouses were new and gorgeous, and the laundry facilities new.

Anastasia - i've done this park before a few times in tents - and it has rained on us every time! The bathhouses were as clean as they could be considering the rain and muck - but the dryers didn't work so I had to take our beach towels to the laundrymat a few miles down the road. That was kind of aggravating - but i felt bad for the park attendant because I gathered from his convo on the radio, he had just called on the washing machines! Our site was prob the worst on the loop for the weather (site 83 on Sea Urchin) - it was the only site that gathered water the entire width of the campsite. So keeping from tracking mud almost an impossibility - but that's what cleaning's for. LOL. It did clear up early today and we had a great beach day before heading home - all to open the PUP up and give her a good cleaning and dry down.

I am in love with our new toy!

campermom

Feb 28, 2013
Congrats on you new adventures. We all make mistakes, that is how ya learn [;)]. When you were at Silver Springs did you have any trouble with the ticks? We went for a day trip this summer and they were terrible. I have been waiting for feedback from some campers as the campground looked really nice. And besides the ticks the park is beautiful.

SheriandVance

Aug 31, 2014
Not one tick. We did the river trail hike too, and weren't bothered. It's a gorgeous hike through the hammock to the river - unfortunately, it being a protected river, you can't swim - the gators own the river [LOL] Which, when it's over 100 outside, and you see that gorgeous spring water, is such a tease!

I think it would be an awesome park to do in the winter!

mrclortho

Aug 11, 2014
Good to hear. I have had a slew of issues in the two trips we have taken in our pup so it is good to hear that maybe this isn't normal [:D]

Latest posts