Hand pump faucet replacement recommendations

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Canadian Campers, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Canadian Campers

Canadian Campers New Member

Hi all, just back from a week out in the pup...ahhhhhh!

I'm looking at some repairs/improvements now before our next trip and need your recommendations for repairing/replacing a hand pump faucet. The Shurflo 150-ish model we have has a very weak faucet I guess, as our 3 year old broke it and I can't find replacement parts, so it's time to replace the entire unit unless anyone here knows where to get just the faucet. Otherwise I need your recommendations for a replacement unit.

Attached Files:

2. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Here is my recommendation.

Best of luck with the fix!

A27B7EF6-47B3-4089-9324-352577BEB405.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  3. Canadian Campers

Thanks for the info!

4. v1ru5879

v1ru5879 Member

We have no intentions of using a pump to get the water so I just got a cheap cold water faucet off amazon and that stays connected to the water hook up. I plan on using a fluid transfer pump for remote locations

5. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

I don’t know that they make one that’s trustworthy at least that isn’t over the cost of a water pump and regular faucet. You can shop the Nautical stores but last time I priced one that wasn’t plastic it was outrageous. Any reason you don’t want to convert over to a pressure type faucet?

6. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

When the pump in my old 86 crapped out I replaced it with one of these. It was a better pump than the oem, you could actually pump and wash your hands at the same time. But that was over 20 years ago so who knows about now.

7. Canadian Campers

SteveP thanks, this is one I've been eyeing up. Did you have the 2 or 3 way?

emoney, I just want to be able to take water in the pup's tank. I'm not interested in a site with hook ups, it's too expensive for the little bit of luxury you get with a pup. I am considering the electric pump though as I will always have a 12 volt system working.

Thanks for the advise guys.

8. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I used the two way. The three way contains a switch to activate a low flow water pump, it's not needed if you install a typical RV pressure activated pump. I did use a low flow water pump but installed a separate switch by the sink, easier to fix if the switch failed. And you can buy the 2 way faucet and a 15 amp 12 volt rocker switch cheaper than the 3 way faucet.