Handicap? Not a problem

swordfish

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2010
I built this system to help my wife enter the camper from a wheelchair without using steps. The Lazy Susan is guided inside a frame of a plywood platform, which is raised to the height of the camper entrance (~22"). The Indeelift is sitting on a smaller wooden platform that is bolted to the Lazy Susan. Once she is sitting on the lift from her wheelchair, she can raise the electric lift to the waist height with the push of a button. I will then spin her 90 degrees to face the entrance of the camper door. She will be able to stand up and grab onto the handlebars at the door and everywhere inside.

Lift susan.png lift ready.png lift ready 2.png lift up.png lift to enter2.png

Last edited:

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
That is Awesome...Great work figuring out how to help her so she can keep enjoying the outdoors
and the camper

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
Eric, don't be silly. He's modeling it for her! :)

The lazy susan is brilliant. I hope that's not her name, though!

Kyle R Thorson

Aug 29, 2019
Arizona
That is pretty amazing.

I took my daughter out in Feburary, I am her lazy Susan lol. (I imagine we will one day need to change that term considering today's climate) I digress. Here are a couple of pictures from our trip. My daughter is 16 almost 17 but severely delayed in most areas and weighs about 75 pounds right now. She is in a wheelchair but when we go camping I ditch the wheelchair use an oversized car seat that she still fits in due to her small stature and cool chair we bring with us. I also have a handicap bike trailer/stroller we can take. Anyway I enjoy our time together. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• File_000 (2).jpeg
    File_000 (2).jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 37
  • File_000 (1).jpeg
    File_000 (1).jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 37
  • File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 38

swordfish

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2010
Let me try again. 1) the platform is supported and leveled by an RV stabilizer jack, 2) IndeeLift on a lazy Susan, 3) Sitting on the IndeeLift (21" chair high), 4) battery-powered elevation by the remote, 5) A 90-degree turn (that is what the lazy Susan is for), walking off the lift. She can still take a few steps when she is holding onto something. If she becomes more disabled, I have a plan B.

Attachments

• platform.JPG
    platform.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IndeeLift on lazy susane.jpg
    IndeeLift on lazy susane.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 28
  • sitting on Indeeleft.JPG
    sitting on Indeeleft.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Rising on IndeedLift.JPG
    Rising on IndeedLift.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 29
  • IndeeLift 90 degree turn.JPG
    IndeeLift 90 degree turn.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

PaulaBrensinger

Silver Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Let me try again. 1) the platform is supported and leveled by an RV stabilizer jack, 2) IndeeLift on a lazy Susan, 3) Sitting on the IndeeLift (21" chair high), 4) battery-powered elevation by the remote, 5) A 90-degree turn (that is what the lazy Susan is for), walking off the lift. She can still take a few steps when she is holding onto something. If she becomes more disabled, I have a plan B.
That's really well put together, and the fit and finish look like a professional product. it appears stable enough that the user can be relaxed feeling safe throughout the process. Well done!

Groomporter

Jan 30, 2021
Minnesota
Neat.
I'm mulling over how to mount a walker on the three wheel electric motorcycle the wife will soon have. Be easier if she was more comfortable using a pair of collapsible canes that could fit in the side saddle(s) or in a scabbard mounted to it.

PaulaBrensinger

Silver Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Neat.
I'm mulling over how to mount a walker on the three wheel electric motorcycle the wife will soon have. Be easier if she was more comfortable using a pair of collapsible canes that could fit in the side saddle(s) or in a scabbard mounted to it.[/QUOTE
Try this one? https://stander.com/product/ez-fold-n-go-walker/
4300-BW_main.jpg
4300-BW_pt02.jpg