"handle" ("Hey" name)

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by Jaybirds, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Jaybirds

Jaybirds A birds

I want to change our name ("Hey, ______"), but don't know how to do that. Our other information has been updated. Thanks.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Just go into your profile and underneath the "modify profile" section click on account settings. There you can change your name, this is your screen name what people say, and you can also change your username, this is how you login.

3. deanna.cardona23

deanna.cardona23 New Member

Steve,
    I apologize, but I can't seem to find these links. Was there a site update that affected these steps? I'm new here, so maybe I'm just missing it.
    Thanks!

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

There was a huge forum software update earlier this month. Not all the glitches have been worked out, and PopUpSteve said he wouldn't be doing many mods until he got a good handle on the new software.
    If you hover over your user name at the upper right of a page, there are several sections in the drop down. For instance, there's a "signature" section, where you can add the make, model, and year of your popup (so the rest of us know what you have). See if that works for nay changes you want to make. The glitchy part is that a few things have worked for some people, not for everyone.

5. deanna.cardona23

Thank you kitphantom. I have navigated through all of the links available to no avail, so I guess I will just be patient for a fix. I'm just not crazy about my last name being on display, so I look forward to solution. Thanks again! :)

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

7. deanna.cardona23

Thanks for your help! It seems there are others questioning the handle name change as well. Will just hang in there until there is a resolution. :)