hanging pantry pics needed

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by SheriandVance, Sep 28, 2014.

1. SheriandVance

SheriandVance New Member

[RTM]
    Help. DH and I are both serious foodies (and whinos, but that' a different thread [LOL]) and we are finding that the one countertop is packed and driving momma (me) nutso because it's so disorganized. Chips, wine, bread, canned goods, etc - you name it and it's crammed there. We tried having a pantry in the TV but that made me even more nuts. In/out/in/out.

we have 2 hooks to suspend an organizer over our kitchen sink - but which to go with - the shoe/linen organizer or the hanging wire shelf? I'm somewhat claustrophobic so the wire shelving appeals to me but I'm concerned with the weight of it - even though i've seen a million pics of these on pinterest.

So...seasoned puppers - what's ideal in your mind? I'd love to see pictures if you have them!

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Most dealers sell hanging pantries and they appear to be well thought of although, IMHO, they seem a little small and I'm a little wary of suspending things from the ceiling unless I know the screws are hitting something solid.

I've also seen larger hanging cupboards used outside, suspended from the sideboard under an awning. Seems like a great idea though these can get pretty heavy. Bass Pro, Cabellas and Camping World used to sell them. Check their websites to see if they're still available.

I think the most popular storage solution is the collapsible wire shelving mod with expandable shower curtain rods. Weight isn't a huge concern at all as long as you use the rod pockets on the galley base and ceiling. We sure love ours!

[​IMG]
    Instructions and parts list here:
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=63734.msg547244#msg547244

Search "wire shelving mod" using the link at the top of the page to find a bevy of info and pics.

3. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

If you could add your PUP and TV info it could help us with suggestions on what and where hang a pantry.

4. SheriandVance

SheriandVance New Member

Thank you, we've got a 2014 , rockwood freedom towed by a Ford expedition, 2007

5. SheriandVance

SheriandVance New Member

Dubbya - DH thought your shelving idea was the best - so that's what he's putting together for me - THANKS :D

6. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

This is the mod I did way back for our PU.

[​IMG]

We had four hooks on our ceiling as well and I used them to put up a hanging wire shelf.

Campit