Happy Fathers Day!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by fourhallatts, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

To all the Fathers, Step-Fathers, Grandfathers and God Fathers, Have a wonderful day!!

Overland likes this.
  2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

X2. Meant to post this earlier, also.

3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane

neighbormike likes this.
  4. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Happy Fathers Day fellow dads. Hope you all were camping with your kids this weekend.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Happy Fathers Day guys

6. Beekeeper1

Beekeeper1 Member

I would like to tell you a true story about the love of a father. My dad a I went rabbit hunting when I was about ten or eleven years old. My older brother was on some king of school trip or something , so dad let me use his over and under 16 gauge shotgun. This was a first! We had a young beagle that was learning to run rabbits. He picked up the scent of a rabbit and off he went. Dad said get ready and if he runs him back to us I would get the first shot. But the rabbit never came back to us and dad called the dog back. Dad slung his gun over his left arm, so I did the same with double barrel and the the unthinkable happened, I had failed to put the safety on the gun and both barrels fired. The buck shot landed about one foot from my father's feet. I was so scared afterwards that I couldn't open my eyes, afraid that I I killed my dad. I was trembling in fear. Now we all know that a lot of men would have gone into a rage, screaming and cussing about how stupid or careless I was to allow that to happen. There I was still trembling in fear, not of my dad, but of want I had done. Yet the first words out of his mouth were "Jonas, are you all right"! He was worried about me! He then said that was a close call and showed me how to break the gun down so I could carry it with out any fear that the same think would ever happen again. He then made me swear that I wouldn't ever tell anyone else (especially my mom) what had just happened. I kept that promise until the day that I preached his funeral. That was also the day my brother found out that I had used his 16 gauge. I lost my dad about eight years ago but I still miss him. But what happened that day and his response has stayed in my heart.

fourhallatts likes this.
  7. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Now that's a good dad.