Harrison Bay SP - Tenn

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Rodger D., May 14, 2012.

1. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

Howdy Yo'll

It is less than nine (9) weeks until the 18th of July. We are to be in Ring Gold-
    Tenn then. For us it is "a ways" just to get there, but that is OK.

When speaking with "an Ranger" they said in the middle of the month of July that
    it will be almost bare ( I went to lenghts to say that we did not have an interest
    to be an week-end boater ... that we just wanted to be near The National De Soto
    Convention happening at Ring Gold ). We sure hope it will be almost bare.

Now that it is much warmer have any of you been to Harrison Bay ?

Rodger & Gabby
    COS

2. nwp443

nwp443 Newbie Popup Owners in North Georgia

I live about 45 minutes from Harrison Bay and have heard great things about it. I have never visited the park so I can't give you any information about it. If you have a boat or will be boating, the place is usually packed. It is just outside of Chattanooga and one of the closer places for North Georgia folks to go boating. Pretty busy highway (HWY 58) runs by it, so don't plan on it being a secluded area. I doubt it will be "bare" during that time on the water, but our July's are pretty hot. Ringgold, is actually in Georgia and is about a 30-40 minute drive from Harrison Bay, and that would be driving through Chattanooga, TN.
    If you are basically using the camper as a place to spend the night only, there is a Camping World that is about 5 minutes from Ringgold. They have a campground on their property. It isn't much for hiking, or sight seeing, but they do have a couple of ponds and walking paths. It would be quite a bit closer to Ringgold and is between Ringgold and Chattanooga where most of the events will be taking place.

3. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

4. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

Hello - Hello

We are now back home from going to East Ridge-Tenn and our
    four-day-stay at Harrison Bay State Park.

Of the three sections we stayed in Their "A" Section and fully enjoyed
    it. If you are with-in a weeks driving distance this should be
    looked into. In this section was eight other Pop Ups during the same time.