Hartman Creek State Park - Waupaca Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by Unkle Spike, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Unkle Spike

Unkle Spike New Member

Like most SP Campgrounds Limited Electric and no water on sites. Showers are "ok" as far as cleanliness.
    Beach is long walking distance from campground. Nice quiet place with Rangers on patrol, and adequate walking trails.

Pit toilets were pretty bad as far as spiders and cleanliness, but hey they are pit toilets.

2. rslaback

rslaback Member

We did a few days at Hartman Creek a couple of years ago. I'm not sure how it went for you but the raccoons were nuts when we were there. I had one steal the dog's dish at dusk in the time it took me to open the camper, let the dog in, put down smore stuff on the table and go back out. Our neighbor had one steal a pack of hotdogs off the picnic table at lunch time when he was sitting backwards on the other bench tending to the fire pit nearby.

3. Unkle Spike

Unkle Spike New Member

Oh, I forgot to mention....the RACCOONS !

We had one run through our camp before dark, seems he was the scout for the troop, as they ALL came after we packed it in for the night. The chewed on anything associated with food, even climbed up the gas grill to see what was going on with it.
    My brother left a cooler out which got chewed up.