Has anyone built an outdoor storage spot for PUP? Esp. in PNW???

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by the5brainards, Aug 21, 2016.

1. the5brainards

the5brainards Member

Hi! We just got home from a week in Yellowstone with our NTU 2013 Rockwood 2318G which is in EXCELLENT condition. My husband does not want to store it this winter in the garage because our son plays baseball and practices inside the garage when it is wet outside. We have a large shed on our property and my husband is planning on building a covered extension (possibly totally enclosed) next to the shed to store our PUP. I have LOTS of questions for you:

:smile_question1: Has anyone (esp. in the PNW) built a storage area for their PUP? If so, how did you do it? Any pictures? Did you still use a cover (we are planning to buy a cover for ours)? What brand/type of cover is recommended? Is there anything we should consider with an outdoor storage area?

More questions: What type of cover did you buy? Do any of you take off in the winter for camping trips? If so, do you do something different other than the typical 'winterization' that is recommended?

Thanks in advance....any tips/suggestions are most welcome! :)

2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I built this one a couple of years ago behind the shop in my backyard. It was originally meant for the Pup, but I have actually been putting my boat in there and keeping the Pup in the shop during winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TRR

TRR Active Member

I'm not in PNW so what I did may not be relevant, but I got one of these to store my Taos in:

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

[​IMG]

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We are in the same conversation. We are thinking about a 20x30 slab with a steel and aluminum structure over it. We would love to tie into our house like Wrenchgear, but our eaves are too complicated. We would have to open up our roof and tie into the middle of the roof. So we are thinking "unconnected shed" tied into concrete. Having lived in the PNW, we know all about the liquid sunshine. The5brainards is wise to take action. For us in AL, we want to get our TT and TV out of the blasting sun, and we want a place to perform maintenance and repairs.

5. Freedom72

Freedom72 Member

you can have a carolina carport installed for $799...DONE!
    we love ours