Has your state tentatively posted when parks will open back up?

bheff

Super Active Member
Feb 24, 2011
NW Arkansas
Getting stir crazy and ready to camp. Have you heard any good news about when campgrounds are due to open in your area?

joet

Super Active Member
Mar 16, 2011
Elkins WV area
SP's are closed, the Forest Service is still closing more areas. But a lot of private GC's are still open. We are just waiting on the weather to break before we start taking off.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
We're shut down till end of June here. Unless something goes right and it changes for the better. However due to forced PTO use I may not be able to go on any camping trips. at Least I still have a job for the time being. So I try an look at it that way.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Not a word here on when they will open, I am sure they will open as soon as possible. I survived the closures from the tornadoes etc. in the panhandle & north Fl. closures for 6 months. We just have to hang in there until things are safe.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
As of now. PA State parks are closed until April 30. However I expect that to change will see. Even if the campground do open, I have a feeling that large groups will not be allowed, no rally’s , or multi site gatherings . Gov wolf said yesterday that he plans in re opening the state in basically 3 phases and as of now we are still in phase 1

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Dudsman5703, I see in your profile that’s your a Jeep guy? Do you own one ? I always liked them myself, learned to drive on my grandfathers wagoner years back, plus owed a few SJ Cj and Wj series myself

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Nope. Heck, Alaska campgrounds haven't even opened for the season. There's precious little word on IF they plan on opening, which is normally the weekend before Memorial Day. Our mandates prohibit travel intrastate now anyway, so it's not looking good yet.

WVhillbilly

Super Active Member
Jun 6, 2018
WV
No word on opening yet.
Some private CG are allowed to remain open, but only to state residents. Most have closed though.

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
No idea about New York. What I wonder is if they will open them all at once or open them depending on the area the park is located in; which would make more sense.
Here on the Western end of the state, different communities are canceling summer festivals through July now. :(

Arruba

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
Oregon State Parks are tentatively planned for May 8th, subject to certain conditions and milestones being met. Seeing that they just closed hunting and fishing to non residents, and non social distancing occuring at trailheads, snow parks and such making the weekend news; I wouldn’t put much hope on 05/08 coming true. USFS and BLM stuff is closed till further notice and largely following the State guidelines.

You CAN dispersed camp/boondock the FED stuff still all you want. We are currently experiencing a fair influx of Van-lifers due to closures else ware.