Has your state tentatively posted when parks will open back up?

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Thus far, Va State Parks closed (for overnight camping) until June 10; reservations are open now beginning June 11, depends on the Gov if they open sooner /later...day use only now, porta crappers in use until facilities get the the GO to reopen...think the Appalachian Trail is closed as well, at least here in Va...

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
Here in NY, the governor said in his press conference on Wednesday, 15 April 2020, that camping in State Parks would remain closed until further notice.
People can still go to SPs during the day and practice safe distancing, but bathrooms would be closed.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
If I look on reserveamerica for NM state park reservations, the notice is that the parks are closed through May 17. Last I knew, the stay-at-home order is through the end of April, but how/when it will begin to be lifted is not clear. (Gov holds a press conference every day or so, but we don't have local TV channels at the moment, due to satellite issues, so have to find things online or see what the paper reports. We're too close to the mountain for over-the-air TV.)

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Nebraska...May 6TH (With possible extension)...Which i am sure is going to happen.

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Not sure how that is even possible.
Here in NJ, the AT runs thru the Delaware Water Gap Nat Rec area. The good thing up here is that it's still cold at night and we have had nasty rainy weather, some flurries as well. So can't imagine many hikers on the AT. It's when the weather gets nicer and the nights are decent you might see more thru hikers.

To get to the AT up here most access point there is a parking lot, but there are spots someone can drop you off where it crosses a road.

H Clemens

Jan 7, 2018
South Carolina
SC site says 5/1/20, but 5/1-5/7 is only existing reservations. New reservations aren't available until 5/8/20. Personally I'll not be holding my breath. After this fiasco I am keeping my eyes open for a small piece of land in a couple areas to have a personal retreat.
I was at a state park in SC when the shut down began. They locked the gates without even informing everyone....such as myself....even though my camper was still set up inside. I made a trail around the gate with my Sentra. The following day I was told that we could return on May 7th. I haven't heard of an extension yet.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
My local SP had a combination lock that you get the combination for at check in. The code periodically changes so you have to pay attention if you need to get out or in between close and open the next day.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
SC site says 5/1/20, but 5/1-5/7 is only existing reservations. New reservations aren't available until 5/8/20. Personally I'll not be holding my breath. After this fiasco I am keeping my eyes open for a small piece of land in a couple areas to have a personal retreat.
Been kicking myself in the backside the past 2 yrs for not snatching 2.5 acres w/ lake access, lot was in a protected cove bout 60 meters from the water, $22,000.00...perfect spot to pull in a small camper & launch yaks from, $274.00 per yr. taxes...what a dummy was I...

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
PA. Has it parks closed until April 30 so far, I have a camping trip scheduled April 30 -May 2. So far my reservation has not been cancelled

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
PA. Has it parks closed until April 30 so far, I have a camping trip scheduled April 30 -May 2. So far my reservation has not been cancelled
I bet they will follow NJ. All camping reservations in NJ state parks up to May 31st were cancelled!!! But, I hope your trip isn't cancelled!! We need a camping fix ourselves!

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Gov wolf just announced he is extending the stay at home order to May 8th now, just looked on PA DCNR. My reservation is still good, however expecting this to change. Any day now

TweetyBird

Sep 24, 2007
Just got email that a 2 week trip we had planned for middle May had to be cancelled. This was 2 campgrounds in MO. 1 a state park the other a Corp park.